New logo?

12

New logo?

Jeff Heon
Do you guys think it would be a good idea to have a new logo, besides the Redline Smalltalk logo on the website and the Duke/balloon logo on the indiegogo website?

Re: New logo?

SeanTAllen
I have a designer friend who might take that on. In the mean time, I took the logo you sent me and put it on the indiegogo because, i think no one will say it looks like it is flipping them the bird at a small size. thank you hn for the flipping the bird thing.

in general though, yes, we could use an awesome and unique logo. if anyone wants to get their artistically inclined friends/family/lovers/whatever in on that, PLEASE DO.

thanks,
sean

Sent from my iPhone

Re: New logo?

James Ladd
Flipping the bird? Seriously :)

Sent from Hyperspace.

On 27/11/2012, at 3:36 PM, Sean Allen <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have a designer friend who might take that on. In the mean time, I took the logo you sent me and put it on the indiegogo because, i think no one will say it looks like it is flipping them the bird at a small size. thank you hn for the flipping the bird thing.

in general though, yes, we could use an awesome and unique logo. if anyone wants to get their artistically inclined friends/family/lovers/whatever in on that, PLEASE DO.

thanks,
sean

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Jeff Heon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Do you guys think it would be a good idea to have a new logo, besides the Redline Smalltalk logo on the website and the Duke/balloon logo on the indiegogo website?

Sent from my iPhone

Re: New logo?

SeanTAllen
seriously. numerous people thought it. when you look at the duke image in tiny size, it does look like it.

i think a better, less tied to jvm logo is a very good thing long term.

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 11:39 PM, James Ladd <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Sent from my iPhone

Re: New logo?

Jeff Heon
For the long term logo, would we keep the balloon even though we miss Duke, or should we start from scratch? (haha pun intended)

Re: New logo?

SeanTAllen
i think starting from scratch would be good. forge our own unique identity.

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 7:30 AM, Jeff Heon <[hidden email]> wrote:
For the long term logo, would we keep the balloon even though we miss Duke, or should we start from scratch? (haha pun intended)

Sent from my iPhone

Re: New logo?

James Ladd
Start from scratch - we can put a duke somewhere for tie in - just not in logo

Sent from Hyperspace.

> For the long term logo, would we keep the balloon even though we miss Duke, or should we start from scratch? (haha pun intended)

Re: New logo?

SeanTAllen
he's on the 404.

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 3:32 PM, James Ladd <[hidden email]> wrote:
Start from scratch - we can put a duke somewhere for tie in - just not in logo

Sent from Hyperspace.

On 27/11/2012, at 11:30 PM, Jeff Heon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For the long term logo, would we keep the balloon even though we miss Duke, or should we start from scratch? (haha pun intended)

Sent from my iPhone

Re: New logo?

Jeff Heon

Would you like something concrete like an animal (is a Phoenix too cliché?)

Or something more abstract like the Clojure logo?

Re: New logo?

James Ladd
Abstract - is my first thought - and Im *really* fussy with logos.
Duke and the Balloon isn't so much a logo as a mascot.

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 8:06 AM, Jeff Heon <[hidden email]> wrote:

Would you like something concrete like an animal (is a Phoenix too cliché?)

Or something more abstract like the Clojure logo?

Re: New logo?

shaun gilchrist
]

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Jeff Heon <[hidden email]> wrote:

Would you like something concrete like an animal (is a Phoenix too cliché?)

Or something more abstract like the Clojure logo?

Sent from my iPhone

Re: New logo?

James Ladd
You might find that logo is already in use - from memory on smalltalk.org

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 8:31 AM, shaun gilchrist <[hidden email]> wrote:
]

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Jeff Heon <[hidden email]> wrote:

Would you like something concrete like an animal (is a Phoenix too cliché?)

Or something more abstract like the Clojure logo?

RE: New logo?

Robert Roland-2
The idea of an animal doesn't bother me, but it has to be one that's not already on the cover of an O'Reilly book.

Would you like something concrete like an animal (is a Phoenix too cliché?)

Or something more abstract like the Clojure logo?

Re: New logo?

James Ladd
Thought Bubbles spring to mind, not sure why.

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 8:45 AM, Robert Roland <[hidden email]> wrote:
The idea of an animal doesn't bother me, but it has to be one that's not already on the cover of an O'Reilly book.

Would you like something concrete like an animal (is a Phoenix too cliché?)

Or something more abstract like the Clojure logo?

Re: New logo?

Jeff Heon
I can picture the thought bubble with a red up arrow and a grey self next to it. Kind of like: ^self

Or maybe: ^redline

Wondering if the thought bubble can be made to look like it's thinking itself up.

Re: New logo?

SeanTAllen
i hiss in your direction

Sent from my iPhone