New packages to include in PharoDev 1.1

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi folks. We need to think if we want new packages for PharoDev 1.1.

For the moment, we think in adding:

- Packages from http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoNonCorePackages
- ScriptManager
- WorkingSet or Algernon
- I don't agree, but people wanted also FFI
- ProfStefBrowser

In PharoDev 1.0 we assure all tests were green. Now we want the same. Some of the above packages not even have tests or have failing/error. Some of them, not even load in Pharo 1.1 because of the underscore assignment. Ok, this can be easily fixed. The same with the TheWorldMenu and Preferences, etc...

I will be clear: I am asking you your opinion, but we need someone to do it. If everybody want, but nobody do, those packages won't be included.

is there something else you think it should be added ?

Cheers

Mariano

Re: New packages to include in PharoDev 1.1

Alexandre Bergel-4
> - Packages from http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoNonCorePackages

yes

> - ScriptManager

I am not sure what this is about. The squeaksource page is not really well furnished

> - WorkingSet or Algernon

No idea.

> - I don't agree, but people wanted also FFI
> - ProfStefBrowser

ok if it loads in 1.1

> In PharoDev 1.0 we assure all tests were green. Now we want the same. Some of the above packages not even have tests or have failing/error. Some of them, not even load in Pharo 1.1 because of the underscore assignment. Ok, this can be easily fixed. The same with the TheWorldMenu and Preferences, etc...
>
> I will be clear: I am asking you your opinion, but we need someone to do it. If everybody want, but nobody do, those packages won't be included.
>
> is there something else you think it should be added ?

I think we should be incremental and not wait that all these packages are ready before releasing Pharo1.1. People should use it and give feedback.

Cheers,
Alexandre