New release candidate: 4.4-12324

123

New release candidate: 4.4-12324

Frank Shearar-3
http://squeakci.org/job/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/target/

I'm trying to automate more and more of the build/release process. See
https://github.com/frankshearar/squeak-ci/tree/download-vms for
details. (I'll merge this branch back into master at some point in the
near future.)

frank

Re: New release candidate: 4.4-12324

Frank Shearar-3
On 23 December 2012 19:09, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://squeakci.org/job/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/target/
>
> I'm trying to automate more and more of the build/release process. See
> https://github.com/frankshearar/squeak-ci/tree/download-vms for
> details. (I'll merge this branch back into master at some point in the
> near future.)

This does _not_ address Bert's issue about the positioning of the
Squeak window; it's just an illustration of yet another piece of
automation. I like automation.

On 23 December 2012 19:14, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 23 December 2012 19:09, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> http://squeakci.org/job/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/target/
>>
>> I'm trying to automate more and more of the build/release process. See
>> https://github.com/frankshearar/squeak-ci/tree/download-vms for
>> details. (I'll merge this branch back into master at some point in the
>> near future.)
>
> This does _not_ address Bert's issue about the positioning of the
> Squeak window; it's just an illustration of yet another piece of
> automation. I like automation.

I see three dirty packages, all dirty - apparently - because of
package restructurings.

* FlexibleVocabularies - FlexibleVocabularies-Info removed?
* Multilingual - Multilingual-Editor added?
* SMLoader - looks like SMLoader-Models was removed?

(I may have the situation reversed; I'm not sure whether "old" refers
to the blue strikeout text or the red, nor whether "old" refers to the
image or to trunk.)

frank

Re: New release candidate: 4.4-12324

Hannes Hirzel
Though it has version number 12324 it still shows the rice-paper
background and has a 'welcome to Squeak 4.3' workspace.

--Hannes

On 24 December 2012 07:48, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Though it has version number 12324 it still shows the rice-paper
> background and has a 'welcome to Squeak 4.3' workspace.

Oh crumbs. Thanks, Hannes, I must have an error in my script.

frank

http://squeakci.org/job/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/17/

> frank
>
>> --Hannes

>>> I see three dirty packages, all dirty - apparently - because of
>>> package restructurings.
>>>
>>> * FlexibleVocabularies - FlexibleVocabularies-Info removed?
>>> * Multilingual - Multilingual-Editor added?
>>> * SMLoader - looks like SMLoader-Models was removed?
>>>
>>> (I may have the situation reversed; I'm not sure whether "old" refers
>>> to the blue strikeout text or the red, nor whether "old" refers to the
>>> image or to trunk.)
>>>
>>> frank

Re: New release candidate: 4.4-12324

Hannes Hirzel
Frank,

where can I have a look at the build script?

And the console output is not very talkative....

http://squeakci.org/job/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/17/console

--Hannes

On 27 December 2012 11:00, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Frank,
>
> where can I have a look at the build script?
>
> And the console output is not very talkative....
>
> http://squeakci.org/job/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/17/console

* https://github.com/frankshearar/squeak-ci/blob/download-vms/release.sh
* https://github.com/frankshearar/squeak-ci/blob/download-vms/release.st

No, the scripts are not talkative at all. I'm really not sure how to
make them more talkative. Obviously in the shell scripts you can use
echo, but those do hardly anything. Really what I want is something
that writes to the Transcript when headful and to stdout/stderr when
headless. I don't think we have such a thing at the moment.

I also think that the ReleaseBuilder stuff doesn't belong in the Trunk
image and should be maintained externally. (MAYBE it could be loaded
into an image just as part of the release process, but really I'd like
scaffolding - ConfigurationOf packages, ReleaseBuilder stuff, etc. -
to not be in the image at all.)

frank

On 12/27/12, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 27 December 2012 11:00, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Frank,
>>
>> where can I have a look at the build script?
>>
>> And the console output is not very talkative....
>>
>> http://squeakci.org/job/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/17/console
>
> * https://github.com/frankshearar/squeak-ci/blob/download-vms/release.sh

OK, so the following bash script

    #! /bin/sh

    # This script takes the output of builtastic.sh and creates a releasable
    # artifact.

    SRC=$(cd $(dirname "$0"); pwd)
    . "${SRC}/versions.sh"
    . "${SRC}/functions.sh"

    SQUEAK_VERSION=`cat ${SRC}/target/TrunkImage.version`
    BASENAME=Squeak4.4-${SQUEAK_VERSION}

    build_interpreter_vm

    echo Using ${INTERPRETER_VM}
    echo Preparing ${BASENAME}...
    cp ${SRC}/target/TrunkImage.changes ${SRC}/target/${BASENAME}.changes
    cp ${SRC}/target/TrunkImage.image ${SRC}/target/${BASENAME}.image

    chmod +w ${SRC}/target/${BASENAME}.changes
    chmod +w ${SRC}/target/${BASENAME}.image

    echo Releasing ${BASENAME}...
    ${INTERPRETER_VM} -vm-sound-null -vm-display-null ${SRC}/target
/${BASENAME}.image ${SRC}/release.st

    echo Zipping ${BASENAME}...
    # Previous runs might leave a zip lying around.
    rm ${SRC}/target/${BASENAME}.zip
    (cd ${SRC}/target; zip -j ${BASENAME}.zip ${BASENAME}.changes
${BASENAME}.image)

CALLS the SMALLTALK script

> * https://github.com/frankshearar/squeak-ci/blob/download-vms/release.st

    Form openAsBackground: (FileDirectory default / '..' /
'resources/wallpaper.png') pathName.
    Workspace allInstances do: [:w | w topView delete].
    ReleaseBuilderFor4dot4 prepareNewBuild.
    Smalltalk snapshot: true andQuit: true.

Just by inspection (and with the knowledge that the version number of
the resulting image is correct) it seems that the error might be in
the Smalltalk script.

NOTE:
Anybody who downloads the latest trunk image and executes the above
Smalltalk script is in the position to find the error....... (hint,
hint to everybody...)

> No, the scripts are not talkative at all. I'm really not sure how to
> make them more talkative. Obviously in the shell scripts you can use
> echo, but those do hardly anything. Really what I want is something
> that writes to the Transcript when headful and to stdout/stderr when
> headless. I don't think we have such a thing at the moment.
>
> I also think that the ReleaseBuilder stuff doesn't belong in the Trunk
> image and should be maintained externally. (MAYBE it could be loaded
> into an image just as part of the release process, but really I'd like
> scaffolding - ConfigurationOf packages, ReleaseBuilder stuff, etc. -
> to not be in the image at all.)

I am actually very fine with the scaffolding script in the image,
reason see the note above.

And in addition this is what Andreas suggested in his memo which is
cited in the welcome window. External packages configurations /
scripts which are community supported should be in the image...

--Hannes

On 27 December 2012 11:48, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Frank,
>
> On 12/27/12, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 27 December 2012 11:00, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Frank,
>>>
>>> where can I have a look at the build script?
>>>
>>> And the console output is not very talkative....
>>>
>>> http://squeakci.org/job/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/17/console
>>
>> * https://github.com/frankshearar/squeak-ci/blob/download-vms/release.sh
>
> OK, so the following bash script
>
>     #! /bin/sh
>
>     # This script takes the output of builtastic.sh and creates a releasable
>     # artifact.
>
>     SRC=$(cd $(dirname "$0"); pwd)
>     . "${SRC}/versions.sh"
>     . "${SRC}/functions.sh"
>
>     SQUEAK_VERSION=`cat ${SRC}/target/TrunkImage.version`
>     BASENAME=Squeak4.4-${SQUEAK_VERSION}
>
>     build_interpreter_vm
>
>     echo Using ${INTERPRETER_VM}
>     echo Preparing ${BASENAME}...
>     cp ${SRC}/target/TrunkImage.changes ${SRC}/target/${BASENAME}.changes
>     cp ${SRC}/target/TrunkImage.image ${SRC}/target/${BASENAME}.image
>
>     chmod +w ${SRC}/target/${BASENAME}.changes
>     chmod +w ${SRC}/target/${BASENAME}.image
>
>     echo Releasing ${BASENAME}...
>     ${INTERPRETER_VM} -vm-sound-null -vm-display-null ${SRC}/target
> /${BASENAME}.image ${SRC}/release.st
>
>     echo Zipping ${BASENAME}...
>     # Previous runs might leave a zip lying around.
>     rm ${SRC}/target/${BASENAME}.zip
>     (cd ${SRC}/target; zip -j ${BASENAME}.zip ${BASENAME}.changes
> ${BASENAME}.image)
>

> CALLS the SMALLTALK script
>
>> * https://github.com/frankshearar/squeak-ci/blob/download-vms/release.st
>

>     Form openAsBackground: (FileDirectory default / '..' /
> 'resources/wallpaper.png') pathName.
>     Workspace allInstances do: [:w | w topView delete].
>     ReleaseBuilderFor4dot4 prepareNewBuild.
>     Smalltalk snapshot: true andQuit: true.
>

> Just by inspection (and with the knowledge that the version number of
> the resulting image is correct) it seems that the error might be in
> the Smalltalk script.

What error? There _was_ an error, that you reported a few days, but
that should be fixed. Have you looked at output of the
latestSuccessfulBuild for that job?

frank

On 27 December 2012 11:55, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 27 December 2012 11:48, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Frank,

>>> * https://github.com/frankshearar/squeak-ci/blob/download-vms/release.sh
>>
>> OK, so the following bash script
>>
>>     #! /bin/sh
>>
>>     # This script takes the output of builtastic.sh and creates a releasable
>>     # artifact.
>>
>>     SRC=$(cd $(dirname "$0"); pwd)
>>     . "${SRC}/versions.sh"
>>     . "${SRC}/functions.sh"
>>
>>     SQUEAK_VERSION=`cat ${SRC}/target/TrunkImage.version`
>>     BASENAME=Squeak4.4-${SQUEAK_VERSION}
>>
>>     build_interpreter_vm
>>
>>     echo Using ${INTERPRETER_VM}
>>     echo Preparing ${BASENAME}...
>>     cp ${SRC}/target/TrunkImage.changes ${SRC}/target/${BASENAME}.changes
>>     cp ${SRC}/target/TrunkImage.image ${SRC}/target/${BASENAME}.image
>>
>>     chmod +w ${SRC}/target/${BASENAME}.changes
>>     chmod +w ${SRC}/target/${BASENAME}.image
>>
>>     echo Releasing ${BASENAME}...
>>     ${INTERPRETER_VM} -vm-sound-null -vm-display-null ${SRC}/target
>> /${BASENAME}.image ${SRC}/release.st
>>
>>     echo Zipping ${BASENAME}...
>>     # Previous runs might leave a zip lying around.
>>     rm ${SRC}/target/${BASENAME}.zip
>>     (cd ${SRC}/target; zip -j ${BASENAME}.zip ${BASENAME}.changes
>> ${BASENAME}.image)
>>

>> CALLS the SMALLTALK script
>>
>>> * https://github.com/frankshearar/squeak-ci/blob/download-vms/release.st
>>

>>     Form openAsBackground: (FileDirectory default / '..' /
>> 'resources/wallpaper.png') pathName.
>>     Workspace allInstances do: [:w | w topView delete].
>>     ReleaseBuilderFor4dot4 prepareNewBuild.
>>     Smalltalk snapshot: true andQuit: true.
>>

>> Just by inspection (and with the knowledge that the version number of
>> the resulting image is correct) it seems that the error might be in
>> the Smalltalk script.
>
> What error? There _was_ an error, that you reported a few days, but
> that should be fixed. Have you looked at output of the
> latestSuccessfulBuild for that job?

Er, right. Maybe it would have helped me _saying_ that I'd fixed the
error you reported!

> frank
>
>> NOTE:
>> Anybody who downloads the latest trunk image and executes the above
>> Smalltalk script is in the position to find the error....... (hint,
>> hint to everybody...)
>>

>>> No, the scripts are not talkative at all. I'm really not sure how to
>>> make them more talkative. Obviously in the shell scripts you can use
>>> echo, but those do hardly anything. Really what I want is something
>>> that writes to the Transcript when headful and to stdout/stderr when
>>> headless. I don't think we have such a thing at the moment.
>>>
>>> I also think that the ReleaseBuilder stuff doesn't belong in the Trunk
>>> image and should be maintained externally. (MAYBE it could be loaded
>>> into an image just as part of the release process, but really I'd like
>>> scaffolding - ConfigurationOf packages, ReleaseBuilder stuff, etc. -
>>> to not be in the image at all.)
>>
>> I am actually very fine with the scaffolding script in the image,
>> reason see the note above.
>>
>> And in addition this is what Andreas suggested in his memo which is
>> cited in the welcome window. External packages configurations /
>> scripts which are community supported should be in the image...
>>

>> --Hannes
>>
>>> frank

Re: New release candidate: 4.4-12324

Hannes Hirzel
You mean I have to re-download
http://www.squeakci.org/job/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/target/Squeak4.4-12324.zip
?

I would have expected a note and/or a higher version number....

On 12/27/12, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 27 December 2012 11:55, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 27 December 2012 11:48, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Frank,

>>> OK, so the following bash script
>>>
>>>     #! /bin/sh
>>>
>>>     # This script takes the output of builtastic.sh and creates a
>>> releasable
>>>     # artifact.
>>>
>>>     SRC=$(cd $(dirname "$0"); pwd)
>>>     . "${SRC}/versions.sh"
>>>     . "${SRC}/functions.sh"
>>>
>>>     SQUEAK_VERSION=`cat ${SRC}/target/TrunkImage.version`
>>>     BASENAME=Squeak4.4-${SQUEAK_VERSION}
>>>
>>>     build_interpreter_vm
>>>
>>>     echo Using ${INTERPRETER_VM}
>>>     echo Preparing ${BASENAME}...
>>>     cp ${SRC}/target/TrunkImage.changes
>>> ${SRC}/target/${BASENAME}.changes
>>>     cp ${SRC}/target/TrunkImage.image ${SRC}/target/${BASENAME}.image
>>>
>>>     chmod +w ${SRC}/target/${BASENAME}.changes
>>>     chmod +w ${SRC}/target/${BASENAME}.image
>>>
>>>     echo Releasing ${BASENAME}...
>>>     ${INTERPRETER_VM} -vm-sound-null -vm-display-null ${SRC}/target
>>> /${BASENAME}.image ${SRC}/release.st
>>>
>>>     echo Zipping ${BASENAME}...
>>>     # Previous runs might leave a zip lying around.
>>>     rm ${SRC}/target/${BASENAME}.zip
>>>     (cd ${SRC}/target; zip -j ${BASENAME}.zip ${BASENAME}.changes
>>> ${BASENAME}.image)
>>>

>>> CALLS the SMALLTALK script

>>>     Form openAsBackground: (FileDirectory default / '..' /
>>> 'resources/wallpaper.png') pathName.
>>>     Workspace allInstances do: [:w | w topView delete].
>>>     ReleaseBuilderFor4dot4 prepareNewBuild.
>>>     Smalltalk snapshot: true andQuit: true.
>>>

>>> Just by inspection (and with the knowledge that the version number of
>>> the resulting image is correct) it seems that the error might be in
>>> the Smalltalk script.
>>
>> What error? There _was_ an error, that you reported a few days, but
>> that should be fixed. Have you looked at output of the
>> latestSuccessfulBuild for that job?
>
> Er, right. Maybe it would have helped me _saying_ that I'd fixed the
> error you reported!
>
>> frank
>>
>>> NOTE:
>>> Anybody who downloads the latest trunk image and executes the above
>>> Smalltalk script is in the position to find the error....... (hint,
>>> hint to everybody...)

>>> I am actually very fine with the scaffolding script in the image,
>>> reason see the note above.
>>>
>>> And in addition this is what Andreas suggested in his memo which is
>>> cited in the welcome window. External packages configurations /
>>> scripts which are community supported should be in the image...
>>>

>>> --Hannes

Re: New release candidate: 4.4-12324

Hannes Hirzel
Indeed, 4.4

as of http://www.squeakci.org/job/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/target/Squeak4.4-12324.zip

now shows the '4.4 Welcome screen'.
The script is fixed.

Thank you, Frank

--Hannes

On 27 December 2012 12:29, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You mean I have to re-download
> http://www.squeakci.org/job/ReleaseSqueakTrunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/target/Squeak4.4-12324.zip
> ?
>
> I would have expected a note and/or a higher version number....

The version number is the update number. Since the error was in the
release script, fixing the error didn't result in pushing anything to
the Trunk, hence no new update, hence the version number remained the
same.

Something else the release script/s need is better diagnostics: the
problem was that something went wrong and the scripts didn't bail out.

Oh, and you're right re the scripts: the release.sh feeds the
release.st as a startup script into the image to be released. The
Smalltalk then executes as DoIts. You can see these if you try Recover
Changes.

frank

> On 12/27/12, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> What error? There _was_ an error, that you reported a few days, but
>>> that should be fixed. Have you looked at output of the
>>> latestSuccessfulBuild for that job?
>>
>> Er, right. Maybe it would have helped me _saying_ that I'd fixed the
>> error you reported!
>>
>>> frank

Re: New release candidate: 4.4-12324

liang bing

Squeak 4.4-12324,

Help Menu ,set languages,

missing method, #availableLanguageLocaleIDs?

Best Regards

Bing Liang
I love Smalltalk

availableLanguageLocaleIDs problem (was: New release candidate: 4.4-12324)

David T. Lewis
On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 06:54:30AM -0800, liang bing wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Squeak 4.4-12324,
>
> Help Menu ,set languages,
>
> missing method, #availableLanguageLocaleIDs?
>

> Best Regards
>
> Bing Liang

The problem is: Project current chooseNaturalLanguage ==> DNU

MorphicProject>chooseNaturalLanguage sends NaturalLanguageTranslator class>>availableLanguageLocaleIDs.
This should probably be sent to InternalTranslator rather than to NaturalLanguageTranslator
(its abstract superclass).

However, I have no language options present in my image, so I cannot say for sure
if this is correct.

I will fix the DNU problem in trunk, but if someone more familiar with
language translation can check this and see if it really works, I'd
appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dave

Re: New release candidate: 4.4-12324

openslateproj
Just installed 4.4 RC3 on FreeBSD 9.1 RC3 and it comes up fine. No time just now to try things out. Looking forward to improvements in the text editing ... this was driving be bananas. Thanks, all!!

--
Gary Dunn
Open Slate Project

Re: New release candidate: 4.4-12324

openslateproj
OK, just loaded one of my projects and started poking around. This is by no means exhaustive, just what I happened to notice. On the "welcome" screen it says "Cleanup and simplification of Morphic text editing" but an old "feature" (bug) is still there. If I type "The second word is bold" and want to make the second word bold I double-click on "second" to select the word, then right-click to bring up a pop-up menu where I expect to be able to do that. The options available are

set font ... (k)
set style ... (k)
set alignment ... (u)

Setting a word bold should be on the style option, but when I select it I get a font selection tool. The first choice also leads to a font setting tool, although it is different. Neither offers bold, underline, italic, etc. The alignment choice does offer alignment options. If I halo the text and click Brown FF I get what I want, plus options to set alignment. Here is a clue: both of the first two options on the pop-menu show the same keyboard shortcut of k, which actually does what "set font" does. Seems as though the definition for the "set style" choice needs some adjustment.

--
Gary Dunn
Open Slate Project

--
Gary Dunn
Open Slate Project

Re: New release candidate: 4.4-12324

Chris Muller-3
> OK, just loaded one of my projects and started poking around. This is by no
> means exhaustive, just what I happened to notice. On the "welcome" screen it
> says "Cleanup and simplification of Morphic text editing" but an old
> "feature" (bug) is still there. If I type "The second word is bold" and want
> to make the second word bold I double-click on "second" to select the word,
> then right-click to bring up a pop-up menu where I expect to be able to do
> that. The options available are
>
> set font ... (k)
> set style ... (k)
> set alignment ... (u)
>
> Setting a word bold should be on the style option, but when I select it I
> get a font selection tool. The first choice also leads to a font setting

Hmm, I agree.  That's strange they both seem to bring up the same thing.

> tool, although it is different. Neither offers bold, underline, italic, etc.
> The alignment choice does offer alignment options. If I halo the text and
> click Brown FF I get what I want, plus options to set alignment. Here is a
> clue: both of the first two options on the pop-menu show the same keyboard
> shortcut of k, which actually does what "set font" does. Seems as though the
> definition for the "set style" choice needs some adjustment.

I do think one of them is a capital K, the other is the lowercase variation.

I think most folks are so used to using the hot-keys for bold,
underline, etc. that this little bug just went unnoticed.  Someone
will probably sweep it up in 4.5.  The hot-key activation for bold
does work.  (See World menu | help... | command-key help for the full
listing).

> On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 4:18 PM, Open Slate <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Just installed 4.4 RC3 on FreeBSD 9.1 RC3 and it comes up fine. No time
>> just now to try things out. Looking forward to improvements in the text
>> editing ... this was driving be bananas. Thanks, all!!
>>

>> On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 1:48 AM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Frank,

>>> OK, so the following bash script
>>>
>>>     #! /bin/sh
>>>
>>>     # This script takes the output of builtastic.sh and creates a
>>> releasable
>>>     # artifact.
>>>
>>>     SRC=$(cd $(dirname "$0"); pwd)
>>>     . "${SRC}/versions.sh"
>>>     . "${SRC}/functions.sh"
>>>
>>>     SQUEAK_VERSION=`cat ${SRC}/target/TrunkImage.version`
>>>     BASENAME=Squeak4.4-${SQUEAK_VERSION}
>>>
>>>     build_interpreter_vm
>>>
>>>     echo Using ${INTERPRETER_VM}
>>>     echo Preparing ${BASENAME}...
>>>     cp ${SRC}/target/TrunkImage.changes ${SRC}/target/${BASENAME}.changes
>>>     cp ${SRC}/target/TrunkImage.image ${SRC}/target/${BASENAME}.image
>>>
>>>     chmod +w ${SRC}/target/${BASENAME}.changes
>>>     chmod +w ${SRC}/target/${BASENAME}.image
>>>
>>>     echo Releasing ${BASENAME}...
>>>     ${INTERPRETER_VM} -vm-sound-null -vm-display-null ${SRC}/target
>>> /${BASENAME}.image ${SRC}/release.st
>>>
>>>     echo Zipping ${BASENAME}...
>>>     # Previous runs might leave a zip lying around.
>>>     rm ${SRC}/target/${BASENAME}.zip
>>>     (cd ${SRC}/target; zip -j ${BASENAME}.zip ${BASENAME}.changes
>>> ${BASENAME}.image)
>>>

>>> CALLS the SMALLTALK script

>>>     Form openAsBackground: (FileDirectory default / '..' /
>>> 'resources/wallpaper.png') pathName.
>>>     Workspace allInstances do: [:w | w topView delete].
>>>     ReleaseBuilderFor4dot4 prepareNewBuild.
>>>     Smalltalk snapshot: true andQuit: true.
>>>

>>> Just by inspection (and with the knowledge that the version number of
>>> the resulting image is correct) it seems that the error might be in
>>> the Smalltalk script.
>>>
>>> NOTE:
>>> Anybody who downloads the latest trunk image and executes the above
>>> Smalltalk script is in the position to find the error....... (hint,
>>> hint to everybody...)

>>> I am actually very fine with the scaffolding script in the image,
>>> reason see the note above.
>>>
>>> And in addition this is what Andreas suggested in his memo which is
>>> cited in the welcome window. External packages configurations /
>>> scripts which are community supported should be in the image...
>>>

>>> --Hannes

>> --
>> Gary Dunn
>> Open Slate Project
>> http://openslate.org/
>

> --
> Gary Dunn
> Open Slate Project
> http://openslate.org/

Proposal for SqueakCore 4.5 (was Re: [squeak-dev] Re: New release candidate: 4.4-12324)

Edgar De Cleene

On 12/27/12 8:34 AM, "Frank Shearar" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I also think that the ReleaseBuilder stuff doesn't belong in the Trunk
> image and should be maintained externally. (MAYBE it could be loaded
> into an image just as part of the release process, but really I'd like
> scaffolding - ConfigurationOf packages, ReleaseBuilder stuff, etc. -
> to not be in the image at all.)

For years I beg we MUST have a SqueakCore .

I made 3.10 and proud of it, the first step in modular Squeak.
Can't made 3.11...
I attach the last script for it, see unloadSomeMore.
I hope you success taking the code and improving.
Made a SqueakCore and any Squeaker could decide which packages load later.
Also is time to have new .sources and if we have a cleaner and small system

If you have time see the .cs.
I apply it to Squeak , Cuis and Pharo and you could see the results in
http://squeakros.org/3dot11
http://squeakros.org/Cuis3dot2
http://squeakros.org/Pharo1dot4

If we have a SqueakKernel , as Pavel made for Pharo and sure could build for
us if we send a nice mail to he, could load the classes we need

Edgar

ReleaseBuilderFor3dot11.16.st (11K) Download Attachment
ReleaseBuilderFor3dot11.cs (2K) Download Attachment
123