New taskbar design proposal

1 message Options

New taskbar design proposal

CyrilFerlicot
Hi,

I always had some problems with Pharo taskbar. The first one is that it
is trasparent. It takes the whole width of Pharo but only the taskbar
items are visible. This is bad because we have impression that we can
click on the world at the bottom right of Pharo, but we cannot.

Also I did not like the style. I think we can do something that looks
more current.

In order to ease modifications of the taskbar style I updated Pharo to
add customization points to the theme for the taskbar.

With the help of the community I also corrected some bugs in the
pluggable button morph that made style changes hard. (The last one I
found should be corrected in this PR:
https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/pull/1384)

Now that it's easier to propose new designs I would like to propose a
new one.

It is present on this PR:

https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/pull/1443

You can see that change following this link. I added 2 GIF showing the
result with the light and dark theme.

I would like to have the opinion of the community before this PR is
integrated/rejected.

Have a nice day.

--
Cyril Ferlicot