New to Smalltalk

1 message Options

New to Smalltalk

FunInRetirement
Hi,

I used to program as a hobby many years ago. I pretty much lapsed for a while and now I am retired I want to pick it up again. Object orientation is a new thing for me. I used Forth and Prolog before. I have given myself 2 challenges this year; one to learn Smalltalk and the other to learn Haskell.

I didn't quite toss a coin but have decided to tackle Smalltalk first. Some things are already scarey. The idea of developing programs using test cases is one thing another is the thought of having to worry about variables changing their values during execution. Some Prolog influence there I think!