New user/programmer for Roassal/Moose

Juraj Kubelka-5
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: New user/programmer for Roassal/Moose

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Jura,

Welcome. I added you to the Moose team. For Roassal, you need access from Alex.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions around.

For starters, to check where Mondrian is being used, you should look for the references to MOViewRenderer.

Another goal that Alex missed to mention is to ensure that the Mondrian layer is as much backward compatible as we can to MOViewRenderer. This implies, for example, rewriting the shape editing part.

Cheers,
Doru

On Mar 25, 2013, at 8:55 PM, Juraj Kubelka <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I am Juraj Kubelka and I am obtained sponsorship from Object Profile company for 4 months. Right now I live in Santiago de Chile and in August 2013 I am going to start PhD program here.
>
> The goal of my 4 months work is to "get rid of Mondrian" from the all Moose tools and replace it with Roassal. Alexandre Bergel posted more specific details about it.
>
> Well, the first I want to ask: Can I obtain access into related Moose repositories on http://smalltalkhub.com? My account is JurajKubelka.
>
> Today I did the first pair-programming with Alexandre Bergel. We added some tests in order to do changes and committed into Moose repositories.
>
> Cheers,
> Jura

www.tudorgirba.com

"Innovation comes in the least expected form.
That is, if it is expected, it already happened."

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: New user/programmer for Roassal/Moose

abergel
Hi Doru,

Thanks Doru for offering your help. Juraj and I pair-programmed today and we see that the method MOAnnouncer>>menuFromMorphic: is used in many places (I do not remember the name and i am without laptop right now). I guess we will need this method in Roassal somehow.
I am a bit reluctant to include this method in Roassal itself since it will desynchronize the platform dependent layers and it is close to Moose. Would it be possible to have a package like Moose-RoassalPainting, similarly as we have for Mondrian?

Cheers,
Alexandre

On 25 Mar 2013, at 16:00, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jura,
>
> Welcome. I added you to the Moose team. For Roassal, you need access from Alex.
>
> Please do not hesitate to ask questions around.
>
> For starters, to check where Mondrian is being used, you should look for the references to MOViewRenderer.
>
> Another goal that Alex missed to mention is to ensure that the Mondrian layer is as much backward compatible as we can to MOViewRenderer. This implies, for example, rewriting the shape editing part.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On Mar 25, 2013, at 8:55 PM, Juraj Kubelka <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I am Juraj Kubelka and I am obtained sponsorship from Object Profile company for 4 months. Right now I live in Santiago de Chile and in August 2013 I am going to start PhD program here.
>>
>> The goal of my 4 months work is to "get rid of Mondrian" from the all Moose tools and replace it with Roassal. Alexandre Bergel posted more specific details about it.
>>
>> Well, the first I want to ask: Can I obtain access into related Moose repositories on http://smalltalkhub.com? My account is JurajKubelka.
>>
>> Today I did the first pair-programming with Alexandre Bergel. We added some tests in order to do changes and committed into Moose repositories.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jura

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Innovation comes in the least expected form.
> That is, if it is expected, it already happened."

Re: New user/programmer for Roassal/Moose

stephane ducasse

On Mar 25, 2013, at 8:55 PM, Juraj Kubelka <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I am Juraj Kubelka and I am obtained sponsorship from Object Profile company for 4 months. Right now I live in Santiago de Chile and in August 2013 I am going to start PhD program here.

Excellent!

> The goal of my 4 months work is to "get rid of Mondrian" from the all Moose tools and replace it with Roassal. Alexandre Bergel posted more specific details about it.

excellent

> Well, the first I want to ask: Can I obtain access into related Moose repositories on http://smalltalkhub.com? My account is JurajKubelka.
>
> Today I did the first pair-programming with Alexandre Bergel. We added some tests in order to do changes and committed into Moose repositories.
>
> Cheers,
> Jura

Re: New user/programmer for Roassal/Moose

stephane ducasse
Yes it looks like a good compromise.