New version of PharoSound

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi

I merged Jannik clean and I commited a new version of the configuration.
Now it works on Pharo 20 and also on Pharo 30

And I will produce a new System-Sound for the kernel based on Pavel work
and I will produce a new configuration.

Re: New version of PharoSound

kilon
May I ask for a small favor ?

That you guys each time you refer to a pharo library you also link its project page that hopefully contains also its docs. So we can all follow you easily.  I know google is my friend but I do think its more convenient
 and a better motivation for people to try new libraries.

Thanks :)

PS: Thats what google found for me http://www.squeaksource.com/@_2hZJ-jfU7KYRTE3/wk_ym4n7. Does not seem to have any docs :(

Re: New version of PharoSound

Stéphane Ducasse
good idea I will do that in the future

        http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~PharoExtras

        then the configurationOfPharoSound is published in ss3.gemtalk.com/MetaRepoForPharo20

I looked around and that are some text in
        http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks/GuzdialBookDrafts/Multimedia-ch7.pdf

If somebody would start to extract and work on a simple doc it would be great.

About the doc, did you realise that we are writing docs while often there were not a single documentation
even though people got payed when developing squeak.
So we are doing our best.

Did you realise that we write even document on things we do not know? :)

Stef

> May I ask for a small favor ?
>
> That you guys each time you refer to a pharo library you also link its
> project page that hopefully contains also its docs. So we can all follow you
> easily.  I know google is my friend but I do think its more convenient
> and a better motivation for people to try new libraries.
>
> Thanks :)
>
> PS: Thats what google found for me
> http://www.squeaksource.com/@_2hZJ-jfU7KYRTE3/wk_ym4n7. Does not seem to
> have any docs :(

Re: New version of PharoSound

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 04 Aug 2013, at 09:47, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> good idea I will do that in the future
>
> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~PharoExtras
>
> then the configurationOfPharoSound is published in ss3.gemtalk.com/MetaRepoForPharo20
>
> I looked around and that are some text in
> http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks/GuzdialBookDrafts/Multimedia-ch7.pdf
>
> If somebody would start to extract and work on a simple doc it would be great.
>

> About the doc, did you realise that we are writing docs while often there were not a single documentation
> even though people got payed when developing squeak.
> So we are doing our best.
>
> Did you realise that we write even document on things we do not know? :)

Yes, Stéphane, most people completely underestimate how much effort documentation is, both in code as in separate nice documents. I for one, appreciate your work on that front, a lot.  The book style documentation is extremely important.

But I think what he means is something like this:

  http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~SvenVanCaekenberghe/STON

one page as a reference, where you can get the code and read some introduction and basic documentation.

Your work on the meta package documentation will certainly help, but it are still the developers who have to write it.

Sven

> Stef
>

>> May I ask for a small favor ?
>>
>> That you guys each time you refer to a pharo library you also link its
>> project page that hopefully contains also its docs. So we can all follow you
>> easily.  I know google is my friend but I do think its more convenient
>> and a better motivation for people to try new libraries.
>>
>> Thanks :)
>>
>> PS: Thats what google found for me
>> http://www.squeaksource.com/@_2hZJ-jfU7KYRTE3/wk_ym4n7. Does not seem to
>> have any docs :(

Re: New version of PharoSound

Stéphane Ducasse

>> good idea I will do that in the future
>>
>> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~PharoExtras
>>
>> then the configurationOfPharoSound is published in ss3.gemtalk.com/MetaRepoForPharo20
>>
>> I looked around and that are some text in
>> http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks/GuzdialBookDrafts/Multimedia-ch7.pdf
>>
>> If somebody would start to extract and work on a simple doc it would be great.
>>

>> About the doc, did you realise that we are writing docs while often there were not a single documentation
>> even though people got payed when developing squeak.
>> So we are doing our best.
>>
>> Did you realise that we write even document on things we do not know? :)
>
> Yes, Stéphane, most people completely underestimate how much effort documentation is, both in code as in separate nice documents. I for one, appreciate your work on that front, a lot.  The book style documentation is extremely important.
>
> But I think what he means is something like this:
>
>  http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~SvenVanCaekenberghe/STON
>
> one page as a reference, where you can get the code and read some introduction and basic documentation.
>
> Your work on the meta package documentation will certainly help, but it are still the developers who have to write it.

100% in sync with you :)

Re: New version of PharoSound

kilon
Its still all your fault :D

I did not imply that you have to do anything. I only asked that a link to the library is offered and maybe some general information to trigger more interest.

Thank you for the link will take a look. :)

Stéphane Ducasse wrote