New version of gemstone?

NorbertHartl
I'm wondering there is no new version of gemstone that fixes that memory leak in admingc. Or did I miss something? On the website it is still 3.1.0.1 to download and that is my version which shows the characteristics.

thanks,

Norbert

Re: New version of gemstone?

Dale Henrichs
Norbert,

3.1.0.2 has been out for awhile ... I sent mail on this list but didn't get a blog post up:(...

The GemStone-Smalltalk list[1] is where the official release announcements are published, so you can check the archives if you suspect that my blog is not up-to-date:)

3.1.0.3 will be coming out in the next 2 weeks or so (barring new bugs being found) so I'd wait for that ...

Dale

[1] http://forum.world.st/Gemstone-Smalltalk-f1461796.html

| I'm wondering there is no new version of gemstone that fixes that memory leak
| in admingc. Or did I miss something? On the website it is still 3.1.0.1 to
| download and that is my version which shows the characteristics.
|
| thanks,
|
| Norbert

Re: New version of gemstone?

NorbertHartl

Am 27.03.2013 um 17:31 schrieb Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]>:

Norbert,

3.1.0.2 has been out for awhile ... I sent mail on this list but didn't get a blog post up:(...

Huh, I missed that somehow.

The GemStone-Smalltalk list[1] is where the official release announcements are published, so you can check the archives if you suspect that my blog is not up-to-date:)

Thanks for destroying my effort of having "less" mailing lists :) Oh, but 5 posts in average per month is not that bad.

3.1.0.3 will be coming out in the next 2 weeks or so (barring new bugs being found) so I'd wait for that …

You mentioned the mailing list and your blog. To be honest I'm looking at [1] first and I would have expected that I can download it there.

Norbert

[1] http://seaside.gemstone.com/downloads.html

Dale

[1] http://forum.world.st/Gemstone-Smalltalk-f1461796.html

| I'm wondering there is no new version of gemstone that fixes that memory leak
| in admingc. Or did I miss something? On the website it is still 3.1.0.1 to
| download and that is my version which shows the characteristics.
|
| thanks,
|
| Norbert

Re: New version of gemstone?

Dale Henrichs

| Am 27.03.2013 um 17:31 schrieb Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]>:
|
| > Norbert,
| >
| > 3.1.0.2 has been out for awhile ... I sent mail on this list but didn't get
| > a blog post up:(...
| >
| Huh, I missed that somehow.
|
| > The GemStone-Smalltalk list[1] is where the official release announcements
| > are published, so you can check the archives if you suspect that my blog
| > is not up-to-date:)
| >
| Thanks for destroying my effort of having "less" mailing lists :) Oh, but 5
| posts in average per month is not that bad.
|
| > 3.1.0.3 will be coming out in the next 2 weeks or so (barring new bugs
| > being found) so I'd wait for that …
| >
| You mentioned the mailing list and your blog. To be honest I'm looking at [1]
| first and I would have expected that I can download it there.
|
| Norbert
|
| [1] http://seaside.gemstone.com/downloads.html
Norbert,

The links on the download site reference the ftp site[1]. The ftp site is updated at the same time as the mail is sent on the gemstone site ...

I apologize for being heads down on git/tode/topez for the last year, which is why the blog posts have dried up somewhat. But I really feel that it is imperative that I get a replacement for GemTools out there (tode) and I also really feel that filetree/git/github is  superior to monticello/squeaksource ...

tODE/topez is just about at the point where I would welcome bleeding edge users .... so hopefully the fruits of my labor will be generally available soon...

Dale

[1] ftp://ftp.gemstone.com/pub/GemStone64/