NewWave - WorkflowEngine

skaplar
Hello everyone,

we've been working on a workflow engine written in Pharo. You can check it out at: https://github.com/skaplar/NewWave
It is still in the early development and we discussed about making it public so everyone interested can join, take a look or provide any kind of feedback. I'm also at discord so you can contact me @skaplar.

Best regards,
Sebastijan Kaplar

Re: NewWave - WorkflowEngine

eftomi
This is excellent, thanks! For busness applications, getting the tools for process-driven development is essential. Some emails ago there was an announcement on Netstyle's engine available here https://github.com/Netstyle/Workflow.

Best wishes,
Tomaz

It is still in the early development and we discussed about making it public so everyone interested can join, take a look or provide any kind of feedback. I'm also at discord so you can contact me @skaplar.

Best regards,
Sebastijan Kaplar

Re: NewWave - WorkflowEngine

BrunoBB
Hi Sebastijan,

Excellent work !!!

I have something similar (a BPM engine) but developed with GemStone
Smalltalk:
Code:
https://github.com/brunobuzzi/BpmFlow
Documentation:
https://bpmflow.gitbook.io/project/introduction

It can be ported to Pharo, from the top of my head i see a couple of issues
with the port:
- GemStone/S special indexes collection must be changed for regular Pharo
collections.
- GsQuery should be implemented in Pharo (maybe already is i do not know) or
remove GsQuery references and so regular collection queries (select:,
collect: anySatisfy and so on)

The project is totally open source.

Regards,
Bruno

Re: NewWave - WorkflowEngine

SergeStinckwich

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 4:32 PM BrunoBB <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Sebastijan,

Excellent work !!!

I have something similar (a BPM engine) but developed with GemStone
Smalltalk:
Code:
https://github.com/brunobuzzi/BpmFlow
Documentation:
https://bpmflow.gitbook.io/project/introduction

It can be ported to Pharo, from the top of my head i see a couple of issues
with the port:
- GemStone/S special indexes collection must be changed for regular Pharo
collections.
- GsQuery should be implemented in Pharo (maybe already is i do not know) or
remove GsQuery references and so regular collection queries (select:,
collect: anySatisfy and so on)

The project is totally open source.

There is also the BPMN engine that we build with Alvaro Peralta:
Maybe we can work together ?

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwic

Int. Research Unit
 on Modelling/Simulation of Complex Systems (UMMISCO)
Sorbonne University
 (SU)
French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD)
niversity of Yaoundé I, Cameroun
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich

Re: NewWave - WorkflowEngine

BrunoBB

Serge,

Yes, we can work together.

Send me a private mail so we do not flood the Pharo list.

Tell me what you have in mind...

regards,

bruno

El 19/04/2019 a las 9:55, Serge Stinckwich escribió:

[...]

Hello as Norbert I'm also interested. To provide a little more context I'm working on a NewWave as a part of my PhD. The new and interesting side that is supported is that the NewWave integrates with TaskIT for tasks executions, with now added support for boundary events and task scheduling. I haven't used Workflow from NetStyle, but as I can tell from the GitHub only part of the engine remains, without any examples or user interfaces, and it didn't support mentioned? Is there any chance that the original netstyle workflow is to be found and checked out?

Best regards,
Sebastijan