Newbie Question

Mike Campbell-4
Can Seaside be used to build applications that store data in a relation database such as DB2

Re: Newbie Question

cbeler

> Can Seaside be used to build applications that store data in a
> relation database such as DB2

I think yes but if you can use squek to query the database.
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/512

maybe by SQLlite or ODBC... hope this help

cédrick

Re: Newbie Question

Göran Krampe
"Mike Campbell" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Can Seaside be used to build =
> applications that=20
> store data in a relation database such as DB2

Yes, Seaside doesn't itself deal with storage solutions - pick what you
like. When it comes to DB2 specifically I am unsure about drivers - but
we have ODBC support in Squeak, so that is always an option.

And please don't use HTML-emails for mailinglists. :)

regards, Göran

RE: Newbie Question

Bany, Michel
> > Can Seaside be used to build
> > applications that
> > store data in a relation database such as DB2
>
> Yes, Seaside doesn't itself deal with storage solutions -
> pick what you like. When it comes to DB2 specifically I am
> unsure about drivers - but we have ODBC support in Squeak, so
> that is always an option.

DB2 itself or any relational database such as ?

On VisualWorks (Windows and Linux), Seaside may take
advantage of VW DB2 support and Glorp.

HTH,
Michel.

Re: Newbie Question

Brett R. Taylor-2
Seaside runs on Cincom Visualworks and Visualworks has much better database support including DB2, and ODBC.  Glorp is also available for o/r mapping on Visualworks.
Brett
Mike Campbell wrote:
Can Seaside be used to build applications that store data in a relation database such as DB2

Brett R. Taylor
President, BTA Inc.
Office: 916.797.2051
Toll free:  800.560.5811
[hidden email]

This email, including any attachments, contains information from BTA, Inc., which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by "reply to sender only" message and destroy all electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.