Newbie(ish) Question on SVG with Athens / Roassal / Spec

Newbie(ish) Question on SVG with Athens / Roassal / Spec

funone
Hi

I am contemplating moving an old Pharo app (1.4 vintage) which used
Morphic heavily into the new Pharo world (Pharo 5).
One of the options is to move a proprietary vector graphic
implementation which draws symbols to SVG.

Looking for examples / documentation on the use of SVG (external files,
not image defined paths) has been very frustrating.
All examples I have found have been old and none of the file based /
load ones work.

Can anyone please point me to good documentation / examples?
I want to understand how one can use:
SVG with Athens
SVG with Spec
SVG loaded from a file with Roassal

Thanks in advance.

Graham

graham.vcf (352 bytes) Download Attachment
Graham McLeod
graham@inspired.org
www.inspired.org

Re: Newbie(ish) Question on SVG with Athens / Roassal / Spec

stepharo
Hi Graham

> Hi
>
> I am contemplating moving an old Pharo app (1.4 vintage) which used
> Morphic heavily into the new Pharo world (Pharo 5).
> One of the options is to move a proprietary vector graphic
> implementation which draws symbols to SVG.
>
> Looking for examples / documentation on the use of SVG (external
> files, not image defined paths) has been very frustrating.
> All examples I have found have been old and none of the file based /
> load ones work.
>
> Can anyone please point me to good documentation / examples?
> I want to understand how one can use:
> SVG with Athens
I think that there is an example around for SVG in Athens.
There some limits due to cairo because certain arcs are not supported by
cairo.
> SVG with Spec
Spec should be extended to offer a container displaying Athens canvas I
imagine.

> SVG loaded from a file with Roassal
I imagine that roassal does not do anything special besides using Athens.