Newbie needing some help!

tcalladene

Hi I’m new to MOOSE and was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a “Getting Started Guide”. Failing that any help at all as to what does what in Moose and how to get started analyzing some code.

Is there any documentation (other than technical papers) anywhere??? I couldn’t see any links in the Docs section.

Re: Newbie needing some help!

Tudor Girba
Hi Tim,

You could start from here:
http://themoosebook.org

Cheers,
Doru

On 17 Mar 2010, at 22:39, Tim Calladene wrote:

> Hi I’m new to MOOSE and was wondering if anyone can point me in the
> direction of a “Getting Started Guide”. Failing that any help at all
> as to what does what in Moose and how to get started analyzing some
> code.
>
> Is there any documentation (other than technical papers) anywhere???
> I couldn’t see any links in the Docs section.

www.tudorgirba.com

"Not knowing how to do something is not an argument for how it cannot
be done."

Re: Newbie needing some help!

Simon Denier-3
<base href="x-msg://1396/">
Hi Tim, and welcome

First question you should ask yourself: "why do I need to analyze code? What do i want to do with Moose?" Then tell us your answers so that we can point you in the right direction :)

Anyway, and fortunately, Doru just released a first online version of the Moose book, which should provide many entry points in Moose:

The Docs section of the website is more for technical doc of Moose (and is quite sparse, that's true)

On 17 mars 2010, at 22:39, Tim Calladene wrote:

Hi I’m new to MOOSE and was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a “Getting Started Guide”. Failing that any help at all as to what does what in Moose and how to get started analyzing some code.

Is there any documentation (other than technical papers) anywhere??? I couldn’t see any links in the Docs section.

 Simon

Re: Newbie needing some help!

tcalladene

Thanks for the link. Much appreciated.

In answer to your question at the moment I'm just exploring what Moose can
do and how it works as I'm doing a Masters research project into Mining
Software Repositories and I'm currently trying to establish what tools are
out there and Moose seems to be a recurring theme in the literature I've
reviewed.

Re: Newbie needing some help!

Tudor Girba
Hi Tim,

If you have questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Doru

On 18 Mar 2010, at 00:00, tcalladene wrote:

> Thanks for the link. Much appreciated.
>
> In answer to your question at the moment I'm just exploring what
> Moose can
> do and how it works as I'm doing a Masters research project into
> Mining
> Software Repositories and I'm currently trying to establish what
> tools are
> out there and Moose seems to be a recurring theme in the literature
> I've
> reviewed.

www.tudorgirba.com

"Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."