Newlines in Javascript / JSStream

Michael Lucas-Smith-3
Hi All,

I thought this was addressed in a previous with the introduction of
GRPlatform>>newline, but it appears that my particular issue wasn't
addressed.

When I transmit smalltalk strings to the client via javascriptOn:, the
Smalltalk newline convention doesn't get converted to the unix newline
convention (which is the convention for javascript). And the opposite is
too true, when I transmit a string using JSON back to Smalltalk, the
unix newline doesn't get converted back to the Smalltalk newline convention.

Does any one know what happened here? #newline was added but then not
actually used?

Michael

Re: Newlines in Javascript / JSStream

Lukas Renggli
See <http://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=541>.

On 20 May 2010 21:21, Michael Lucas-Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I thought this was addressed in a previous with the introduction of
> GRPlatform>>newline, but it appears that my particular issue wasn't
> addressed.
>
> When I transmit smalltalk strings to the client via javascriptOn:, the
> Smalltalk newline convention doesn't get converted to the unix newline
> convention (which is the convention for javascript). And the opposite is too
> true, when I transmit a string using JSON back to Smalltalk, the unix
> newline doesn't get converted back to the Smalltalk newline convention.
>
> Does any one know what happened here? #newline was added but then not
> actually used?
>
> Michael

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Newlines in Javascript / JSStream

Michael Lucas-Smith-3
Thanks for pointing me to that - I knew there was a conversation on it
somewhere.

I've made a subclass of JSJsonParser but for the other direction, right
now I'm poking the JavascriptCharacters array. I'm only doing this in
WebVelocity, but I'm sure this'll come back to bite me eventually.

Michael