Newlines

KenDickey
Greetings,

Attached is a trivial fix for reading lines from Linux files.  The current PositionalStream>>crLfNextLine code yields an empty string between each text line.

I notice that Unix style newlines are displayed as a special character in old .cs files in the file browser and kept in the filed-in source.  Cut 'n paste also keeps the visible newlines.  Perhaps pasting into a code window should do the conversion?

Thanks again for all the great work on CUIS!!!
-KenD
--
Ken Dickey <Ken.Dickey [at] whidbey.com>

1513-CuisCore-KenDickey-2013Jan01-13h25m-KenD.1.cs (790 bytes) Download Attachment
-KenD

Re: Newlines

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Ken,

Ken Dickey wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Attached is a trivial fix for reading lines from Linux files.  The current PositionalStream>>crLfNextLine code yields an empty string between each text line.

Thanks!

> I notice that Unix style newlines are displayed as a special character in old .cs files in the file browser and kept in the filed-in source.  Cut 'n paste also keeps the visible newlines.  Perhaps pasting into a code window should do the conversion?

Good idea. Will upload a patch today. BTW, the visible character is
ASCII 13 (CR), used by Squeak, and also by Windows (as part of the CrLf
pair).

> Thanks again for all the great work on CUIS!!!
> -KenD

:)

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich