News Archive

Ian B
I've just discovered that the, recently updated, application that I
use to create and maintain the news archive was getting a bit confused
about time zones.  Half the time it was adding the offset value to the
timestamp and half the time it was subtracting it!

I've just uploaded the August file and, because of the above problem,
I've also replaced the June and July archive files.

If anyone (other than me) is still using the newsgroup archive then
you should just overwrite the old file with the new downloads.
--
Ian

The From address is valid - for the moment

Re: News Archive

Chris Uppal-3
Ian B wrote:

> If anyone (other than me) is still using the newsgroup archive then
> you should just overwrite the old file with the new downloads.

I do, for one -- thank you for maintaining it.

    -- chris

Re: News Archive

Udo Schneider
Chris Uppal wrote:
>>If anyone (other than me) is still using the newsgroup archive then
>>you should just overwrite the old file with the new downloads.
> I do, for one -- thank you for maintaining it.

So do I. I think the better question is who does not?

CU,

Udo

Re: News Archive

Ian B
Thanks for the replies.  It's nice to know that the archive is still
of use.  I can't get any stats from the server that houses the archive
files (it's free so I can't complain) so I'm not sure how many people
actually make use of them.
--
Ian

The From address is valid - for the moment

Re: News Archive

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Chris Uppal wrote:
> Ian B wrote:
>

>>If anyone (other than me) is still using the newsgroup archive then
>>you should just overwrite the old file with the new downloads.
>

> I do, for one -- thank you for maintaining it.

Same here - thanks!!!!

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
[hidden email]

acg

Re: News Archive

acg
>... If anyone (other than me) is still using the newsgroup archive then
> you should just overwrite the old file with the new downloads.
Hi Ian
I've been lurking, but slowly finding more time for Dolphin. I'm sure
others and I, who contribute more questions than answers, appreciate
your vigilance on things Dolphin. Without this continued newgroup
activity, I'm not sure where I would go for better info.
ACG

Re: News Archive

Eric Taylor
Ian,

Thank you!

Cheers,

Eric

David G. Wachtel
Ian B wrote:

I use it all the time, it's been of great value and is an essential aid to
Dolphin development.

Thanks!
Dave Wachtel

[snip]
> If anyone (other than me) is still using the newsgroup archive then
> you should just overwrite the old file with the new downloads.

Re: News Archive

Travis Kay-2
I use the archives quite frequently with DSDN, thank you Ian.

Travis.

Ian B wrote:

> I've just discovered that the, recently updated, application that I
> use to create and maintain the news archive was getting a bit confused
> about time zones.  Half the time it was adding the offset value to the
> timestamp and half the time it was subtracting it!
>
> I've just uploaded the August file and, because of the above problem,
> I've also replaced the June and July archive files.
>
> If anyone (other than me) is still using the newsgroup archive then
> you should just overwrite the old file with the new downloads.
> --
> Ian
>
> The From address is valid - for the moment

Re: News Archive

Jochen Riekhof-6
Travis Kay schrieb:
> I use the archives quite frequently with DSDN, thank you Ian.

So do I!

Great service, thank you Ian!

Ciao

...Jochen