News Page

Jonathan Kelly-2

Hi,

Just in case it’s not known … the News page is so long, it grinds my admittedly not so new PC to a halt. Win XP with 1G mem using latest firefox.

Could the page be partitioned in some way …

Cheers

Jon

Re: News Page

pharo4Stef@free.fr
Thanks Jon

For us this is an excellent news :)
We plan to migrate soon and rethink it.

Hi,

Just in case it’s not known … the News page is so long, it grinds my admittedly not so new PC to a halt. Win XP with 1G mem using latest firefox.
Could the page be partitioned in some way …
Cheers
Jon

Re: News Page

Marcus Denker-4

On 30 Jan 2014, at 08:50, Pharo4Stef <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks Jon

For us this is an excellent news :)
We plan to migrate soon and rethink it.

Yes, and we need an intermediate solution… just partitioning the page somehow.
I put it on my TODO.

Hi,

Just in case it’s not known … the News page is so long, it grinds my admittedly not so new PC to a halt. Win XP with 1G mem using latest firefox.
Could the page be partitioned in some way …
Cheers
Jon

Re: News Page

LogiqueWerks
But what if Pharo developers loaded the Curl plugin into their browser ?  Curl has great dynamic loading for such situations ( as needed by my old 1 CPU core Wind'd XP laptop ;-)

{pharoNewsLine {urlBase {www www.curl.com}}  {topic "markup that JSON folks should love"} {whatever } }  || humour

Curl RTE ... for when HTML + JavaScript + CSS is just a needless pain - (and when a markup dialect is just smarter ;-)

cheers
the NOTcURL guy ...
Canada

On 30 Jan 2014, at 12:45, Robert Shiplett <[hidden email]> wrote:

But what if Pharo developers loaded the Curl plugin into their browser ?  Curl has great dynamic loading for such situations ( as needed by my old 1 CPU core Wind'd XP laptop ;-)

{pharoNewsLine {urlBase {www www.curl.com}}  {topic "markup that JSON folks should love"} {whatever } }  || humour

Curl RTE ... for when HTML + JavaScript + CSS is just a needless pain - (and when a markup dialect is just smarter ;-)

But the news page is more for external people. And it’s just too long. The solution is to a) workaround: make is smaller b) move to a better blog for the news.

Marcus

Re: News Page

LogiqueWerks
" humour from Canada on ice" " Lcurlr class comment "

Pharo Smalltalk remains just the best way to generate dynamic Curl markup via Seaside3 or Aida ... although nunjucks with node.js is fine for text-edit dev server-side, I guess ... or Wicket on java if need be ... there are SO few frameworks loosely bound to web markup choice ...

but since Curl runs in most any browser or on most any OS ... If only KOBO had chosen Curl for e-book markup after their acquisition by Rakuten ! ...  Well, there's always Ottawa QNX at Blackberry while they are still Canadian ...

AND having NEVER given up on Smalltalk, I am not likely to give up on Curl ! Now back to OS/2 1.3 on my 3dfx i386 with the i387 co-pro ... but where is that Betamax video on using DBX 2 with Quadraphonic 8-track conversions ? ... Ah, here with my hi-fi (Canadian) Pacific Microsonic HDCD's ... crushed between my killer Samsung and Toshiba Nuon programmable DVD players ... with my unusable Version 2 iTouch and complete with its final upgrade to iOS 3.0 !!! Wadda dinosaur find that is !  But at least the i3 App's have no pending updates in the PommeMag !  Now where is that serial joystick cable ? Oh ... hidden under "Rebol For Dummies"

On 30 January 2014 07:47, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 30 Jan 2014, at 12:45, Robert Shiplett <[hidden email]> wrote:

But what if Pharo developers loaded the Curl plugin into their browser ?  Curl has great dynamic loading for such situations ( as needed by my old 1 CPU core Wind'd XP laptop ;-)

{pharoNewsLine {urlBase {www www.curl.com}}  {topic "markup that JSON folks should love"} {whatever } }  || humour

Curl RTE ... for when HTML + JavaScript + CSS is just a needless pain - (and when a markup dialect is just smarter ;-)

But the news page is more for external people. And it’s just too long. The solution is to a) workaround: make is smaller b) move to a better blog for the news.

Marcus

Re: News Page

LogiqueWerks
"humour"

I would be happy to insert links to GIF's of the text of the archival items ;-)

On 30 Jan 2014, at 08:51, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 30 Jan 2014, at 08:50, Pharo4Stef <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks Jon

For us this is an excellent news :)
We plan to migrate soon and rethink it.

Yes, and we need an intermediate solution… just partitioning the page somehow.

DONE (by the support of CmsBox… thanks!)

The news site now shows 5 items (with a  navigator at the bottom)

Marcus