News from the last Amber team meeting

Nicolas Petton
Hi guys,

Here's a report of what was discussed on the Amber meeting yesterday.

- Communication: It is obvious that we do not communicate enough outside of github or IRC about what's going on in Amber. It was decided that we will focus more on communication (thus this email ;-)).
- Next release: Unlike it was initially planned, the next release of Amber won't be 1.0.0. There will probably be more intermediate releases.
- Release cycles: It was decided that we will do more releases. We will try to embrace short release cycles. Releases will also be openly discussed on the mailing-list
- Release process: The current release process is error-prone and involved a lot of small steps. To improve that we will in a first step write it down on the wiki, and try to automate it in the future
- Matthias was introduced to the team
- Next meeting in a month

What is currently going on in Amber?

- There is a huge work being done to make Amber load with an AMD (requirejs)
- Helios is getting more attention to make it more stable and usable
- The stepping debugger is going to be merged in master any time soon now and is basically working
- The bootstrap JS file has been split into smaller and more understandable chunks

Attendees:

Nicolas Petton
Manfred Kröhnert
Herbert Vojčík
Matthias Springer

Excused:

Göran Krampe

Cheers,
Nico

Re: News from the last Amber team meeting

gokr
Hey!

All sounds great, and sorry that I missed the meeting.

regards, Göran

Re: News from the last Amber team meeting

kilon.alios
are those irc meetings ?

Is there a plan for a todo list ?

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 3:50 PM, Göran Krampe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey!

All sounds great, and sorry that I missed the meeting.

regards, Göran

Re: News from the last Amber team meeting

kilon.alios
I frequent #blendecoders that is the official channel for blender developers (the open source 3d app http://www.blender.org/ ). Every Sunday there is a meeting where all developers sit down and discuss progress. At the end of the meeting usually there is a small roadmap for the immediate future. Blender also has frequent releases.

So maybe you would like to do something similar, meet up whenever you want and after the meeting post a very small roadmap for the next release, 5-10 bullet points . I assume you aim for monthly releases ?