Next steps for Cyrille

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi guys

here is a list of the next topic I would like cyrille to work on

Radu's pyramid
Better UI (for me this is still difficult to interact with moose - I will discuss with doru - sunday)
How to apply visualizations to a group
Does distribution map work?
Porting EyeSee
Report builder

User Interface for Squale model
Saving model to database (we have openDBX expert / Glorp?)
Support for C#
Algorithm librarie of VW
Collection iterator -> Pharo
YellowSubmarine (http://moose.unibe.ch/tools/yellowsubmarine) qui permet l'analyse de SVN.
Alien help
Rome for Moose

Interface for
        Support for remediation
        Cost estimation

Do you have other needs?

Re: Next steps for Cyrille

Tudor Girba
Hi Stef,

Thanks for the mail. I reply to each point below, but before that I
would like to raise the problem of announcing work items before and
after they happen. And I am not talking about Cyrille, but in general,
starting with me :).

The tracker is a good place, but to make it work we need to make three
things working:
- Create the issues that you want to work on with some time in advance
- Mark yourself as the owner so that we can see who wants to do what
- Mark the issue as started so that we can see that something is in
the works
- Raise controversial or important issues on the mailing list

Now about some more nice to have technical things:
- Morph tab widget with closing option and with proper visual handling
of tab overflow
- Morph panes that can be collapsed (like in Eclipse)
- Morph panes that can handle a small toolbar (like in Eclipse)
- Morph text editor without default Smalltalk key-bindings

> here is a list of the next topic I would like cyrille to work on
>
> Radu's pyramid

Yes, this is also on my to do list.

> Better UI (for me this is still difficult to interact with moose - I
> will discuss with doru - sunday)

I am curious what you mean by better UI :). And more precisely a
better UI for what? :)

> How to apply visualizations to a group

I do not understand. Just right click on a group to see the available
services including visualization.

> Does distribution map work?

Not really. But now that Cyrille worked on the algorithms, we have a
better basis.

> Porting EyeSee

Matthias Junker and me might have a shot at this in the next couple of
weeks. We will announce as we progress.

> Report builder
>
> User Interface for Squale model
> Saving model to database (we have openDBX expert / Glorp?)

Yes :)

> Support for C#

That would be indeed nice to have.

> Algorithm librarie of VW

This is important. This seems to be pretty much working.

> Collection iterator -> Pharo

What is that?

> YellowSubmarine (http://moose.unibe.ch/tools/yellowsubmarine) qui
> permet l'analyse de SVN.

Matthias Junker (and me) started to work on this.

> Alien help
> Rome for Moose

Yes, that would be great to have.

Cheers,
Doru

> Interface for
> Support for remediation
> Cost estimation
>
> Do you have other needs?
>
> Stef

www.tudorgirba.com

"Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

Re: Next steps for Cyrille

Simon Denier-3

On 2 mars 2010, at 17:31, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi Stef,
>
> Thanks for the mail. I reply to each point below, but before that I would like to raise the problem of announcing work items before and after they happen. And I am not talking about Cyrille, but in general, starting with me :).
>
> The tracker is a good place, but to make it work we need to make three things working:
> - Create the issues that you want to work on with some time in advance
> - Mark yourself as the owner so that we can see who wants to do what
> - Mark the issue as started so that we can see that something is in the works
> - Raise controversial or important issues on the mailing list

+1

If you want to have a dedicated component in the issues list (like MooseCore, Glamour, CAnalyzer...), don't hesitate to ask so that we create one.

Also we should try to close more issues :) but the past and next weeks are touch on my time.

> Now about some more nice to have technical things:
> - Morph tab widget with closing option and with proper visual handling of tab overflow
> - Morph panes that can be collapsed (like in Eclipse)
> - Morph panes that can handle a small toolbar (like in Eclipse)
> - Morph text editor without default Smalltalk key-bindings
>

>> here is a list of the next topic I would like cyrille to work on
>>
>> Radu's pyramid
>
> Yes, this is also on my to do list.
>
>> Better UI (for me this is still difficult to interact with moose - I will discuss with doru - sunday)
>
> I am curious what you mean by better UI :). And more precisely a better UI for what? :)
>
>> How to apply visualizations to a group
>
> I do not understand. Just right click on a group to see the available services including visualization.
>
>> Does distribution map work?
>
> Not really. But now that Cyrille worked on the algorithms, we have a better basis.
>
>> Porting EyeSee
>
> Matthias Junker and me might have a shot at this in the next couple of weeks. We will announce as we progress.
>
>> Report builder
>>
>> User Interface for Squale model
>> Saving model to database (we have openDBX expert / Glorp?)
>
> Yes :)
>
>> Support for C#
>
> That would be indeed nice to have.
>
>> Algorithm librarie of VW
>
> This is important. This seems to be pretty much working.
>
>> Collection iterator -> Pharo
>
> What is that?
>
>> YellowSubmarine (http://moose.unibe.ch/tools/yellowsubmarine) qui permet l'analyse de SVN.
>
> Matthias Junker (and me) started to work on this.
>
>> Alien help
>> Rome for Moose
>
> Yes, that would be great to have.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

>> Interface for
>> Support for remediation
>> Cost estimation
>>
>> Do you have other needs?
>>
>> Stef

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

 Simon

Re: Next steps for Cyrille

On Mar 2, 2010, at 5:31 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi Stef,
>
> Thanks for the mail. I reply to each point below, but before that I would like to raise the problem of announcing work items before and after they happen. And I am not talking about Cyrille, but in general, starting with me :).
>
> The tracker is a good place, but to make it work we need to make three things working:
> - Create the issues that you want to work on with some time in advance
> - Mark yourself as the owner so that we can see who wants to do what
> - Mark the issue as started so that we can see that something is in the works
> - Raise controversial or important issues on the mailing list
>
> Now about some more nice to have technical things:
> - Morph tab widget with closing option and with proper visual handling of tab overflow
> - Morph panes that can be collapsed (like in Eclipse)
> - Morph panes that can handle a small toolbar (like in Eclipse)
> - Morph text editor without default Smalltalk key-bindings

yes I should ping fernando.
for the TextEditor from Squeak.

>> here is a list of the next topic I would like cyrille to work on
>>
>> Radu's pyramid
>
> Yes, this is also on my to do list.

we should sync on this one.
How would you implement it? based on glamour?

>> Better UI (for me this is still difficult to interact with moose - I will discuss with doru - sunday)
>
> I am curious what you mean by better UI :). And more precisely a better UI for what? :)
>
>> How to apply visualizations to a group
>
> I do not understand. Just right click on a group to see the available services including visualization.

In VW you could clikc on the top label to access the action of the group when you were
looking at the group elements. In Pharo you have to click on the famixpackage to get the list of actions

>> Does distribution map work?
>
> Not really. But now that Cyrille worked on the algorithms, we have a better basis.
Yes

>> Porting EyeSee
>
> Matthias Junker and me might have a shot at this in the next couple of weeks. We will announce as we progress.
Ok I would really like to see if this can be coded using rome so that after we can use the cairo backend

>> Report builder
>>
>> User Interface for Squale model
>> Saving model to database (we have openDBX expert / Glorp?)
>
> Yes :)
>
>> Support for C#
>
> That would be indeed nice to have.
>
>> Algorithm librarie of VW
>
> This is important. This seems to be pretty much working.
>
>> Collection iterator -> Pharo
>
> What is that?

We should check all the moose collection extensions and see which ones should be retroffited to pharo.

>> YellowSubmarine (http://moose.unibe.ch/tools/yellowsubmarine) qui permet l'analyse de SVN.
>
> Matthias Junker (and me) started to work on this.

ok

>> Alien help
>> Rome for Moose
>
> Yes, that would be great to have.

Yes and this is related to eyesee from my point of view

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

>> Interface for
>> Support for remediation
>> Cost estimation
>>
>> Do you have other needs?
>>
>> Stef

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

Re: Next steps for Cyrille

Alexandre Bergel
I like the following topic

> Radu's pyramid
> Does distribution map work?
> Porting EyeSee
> Report builder

> User Interface for Squale model
> Support for C#
> YellowSubmarine (http://moose.unibe.ch/tools/yellowsubmarine) qui
> permet l'analyse de SVN.

 From my side, I will continue to work on Mondrian. There are some
important missing features still (e.g., multiple selection)

Cheers,
Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Next steps for Cyrille

Alexandre Bergel
>> Porting EyeSee
>
> Matthias Junker and me might have a shot at this in the next couple
> of weeks. We will announce as we progress.

>> YellowSubmarine (http://moose.unibe.ch/tools/yellowsubmarine) qui
>> permet l'analyse de SVN.
>
> Matthias Junker (and me) started to work on this.

Feel free to ask for support in Mondrian. I am completely overloaded,
but this is important.

Alexandre