No Login Required...

Christopher J. Demers
If you can see this message then no login or password was required for me to
post.  I will let OA decide if that is a problem.

Chris

Re: No Login Required...

Andy Bower-3
Chris,

> If you can see this message then no login or password was required
> for me to post.  I will let OA decide if that is a problem.

Well it *is* a problem. Let me see if I can work out how to persuade
this news server to require logon detils.

Best regards

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
www.object-arts.com

Re: No Login Required...

Andy Bower-3
Chris,

> > If you can see this message then no login or password was required
> > for me to post.  I will let OA decide if that is a problem.
>
> Well it is a problem. Let me see if I can work out how to persuade
> this news server to require logon detils.

Can you let me know if authentication is now required?

Best regards

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
www.object-arts.com

Re: No Login Required...

Sean Malloy-11
> Can you let me know if authentication is now required?

I got 408/480 Auth Required when attempting to connect without the
username/password

I'm guessing this server will never be accessed by bots, nor be published to
the real world, so I can use my actual email address in postings?

Re: No Login Required...

Dan Antion
Andy Bower wrote:

> Chris,
>

>>>If you can see this message then no login or password was required
>>>for me to post.  I will let OA decide if that is a problem.
>>
>>Well it is a problem. Let me see if I can work out how to persuade
>>this news server to require logon detils.
>

> Can you let me know if authentication is now required?
>
> Best regards
>
> Andy Bower
> Dolphin Support
> www.object-arts.com

I was not even able to see the news group without the password (I
thought I would only need the password to access the group).

So, I think the password is working.

-Dan
Dan Antion

Re: No Login Required...

Louis Sumberg-2
> I was not even able to see the news group without the password (I
> thought I would only need the password to access the group).

Ditto for me.

Hi everyone :)