No Monticello Configuration Support for Gemstone???

No Monticello Configuration Support for Gemstone???

Ron Teitelbaum
Hello,

Really love the gemstone version of Monticello, works great, but I just
found out you are not supporting Monticello Configurations.  I assume that
is a temporary situation?  When will that be available?  Any chance we can
have that by tomorrow?  (hint hint)

Ron Teitelbaum

Re: No Monticello Configuration Support for Gemstone???

Dale
Ron Teitelbaum wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Really love the gemstone version of Monticello, works great, but I just
>found out you are not supporting Monticello Configurations.  I assume that
>is a temporary situation?  When will that be available?  Any chance we can
>have that by tomorrow?  (hint hint)

Ron,

Tomorrow is a little soon :)... I _have_ loaded MonticelloConfigurations
into GemStone --- with the intent of getting them working. I'll need to
scare up tool support (if there's an OmniBrowser-based tool for them,
then it won't be real hard). GemSource doesn't support
MonticelloConfigurations either (what a coincidence!).

I was planning on getting Philippe's version of SqueakSource that runs
on 2.8 (and supports MonticelloConfigurations) running on GemStone in
concert with getting MonticelloConfigurations working ... it is likely
that I'll start that work next week...

Dale

RE: No Monticello Configuration Support for Gemstone???

Ron Teitelbaum
Hi Dale,

Actually I was talking about the GemSource server version, using the squeak
client.  That's where I need it!  Thank you for working on it!!  So next
week, is that Monday?

:)

Ron

Ron Teitelbaum wrote:

>Hi Dale,
>
>Actually I was talking about the GemSource server version, using the squeak
>client.  That's where I need it!  Thank you for working on it!!  So next
>week, is that Monday?
>
>:)

Cool, that removes the tool requirement ... Monday is pretty close the
day that I will be starting:) ...

SqueakSource 2 exposed a bug in GemStone's implementation of
continuations and that bug is fixed in our 2.2.5 version of the server
which will be shipping any day now .... so you're in luck in more ways
than one way...

Dale

RE: No Monticello Configuration Support for Gemstone???

Ron Teitelbaum
Great Thanks!!

Ron