No MySQL-Database connect with vw7.9pul

horst_skoff@yahoo.de
Hey!

I try to conntect my mysql-database with vw7.9pul.

mysql := MySQLConnection new.
mysql environment: 'myMysqlDatabase'.
mysql username: 'root'.
mysql password: 'root'.
mysql connect.

But I get the message:
Could not load libery mysqldll.dll

If I try connect to AdHoc SQL I get the message:
Unhandled exception: Message not understood: #isEmpty
SystemError(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:

ConnectionDialog class>>messageFor:from:
optimized [] in [] in ConnectionDialog class>>connect:
BlockClosure>>cull:
LibraryNotLoadedError(GenericException)>>performHandler:
LibraryNotLoadedError(GenericException)>>propagatePrivateFrom:
LibraryNotLoadedError(GenericException)>>propagateFrom:
LibraryNotLoadedError(GenericException)>>propagate
LibraryNotLoadedError(GenericException)>>raiseSignal
LibraryNotLoadedError class(GenericException class)>>raiseWith:
ExternalLibrary>>primLoadLibrary:
ExternalLibrary>>load
ExternalLibraryHolder>>load

What is wrong?
Where could I read the right adjustment.

Because If I try a connect with my postgres DB everything works fine!
Also If connect DB with AdHoc SQL

ps := PostgreSQLEXDIConnection new.
ps environment: 'mypostgredatabse'.
ps username: 'root'.
ps password: 'root'.
ps connect.

Horst

Re: No MySQL-Database connect with vw7.9pul

Holger Kleinsorgen
horst_skoff@yahoo.de wrote
Hey!

I try to conntect my mysql-database with vw7.9pul.

mysql := MySQLConnection new.
mysql environment: 'myMysqlDatabase'.
mysql username: 'root'.
mysql password: 'root'.
mysql connect.

But I get the message:
Could not load libery mysqldll.dll
MySQL EXDI requires the MySQL client library (http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/c)

The library (libmysql.dll) must be placed either in a directory that is part of the PATH environment variable, the Windows system directory, the current directory, or the VisualWorks VM directory, see chapter "Library Search Paths" in the document "DLL and C Connect Guide"

Re: No MySQL-Database connect with vw7.9pul

Wallen, David
Adding to Holger's useful information, Postgres doesn't use DLLs--the
socket communication is done entirely in Smalltalk.

> I try to conntect my mysql-database with vw7.9pul.
>
> mysql := MySQLConnection new.
> mysql environment: 'myMysqlDatabase'.
> mysql username: 'root'.
> mysql password: 'root'.
> mysql connect.
>
> But I get the message:
> Could not load libery mysqldll.dll

MySQL EXDI requires the MySQL client library
(http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/c)

The library (libmysql.dll) must be placed either in a directory that is
part
of the PATH environment variable, the Windows system directory, the
current
directory, or the VisualWorks VM directory, see chapter "Library Search
Paths" in the document "DLL and C Connect Guide"

Re: No MySQL-Database connect with vw7.9pul

horst_skoff@yahoo.de
Thanks Holger.
I copy the dll in the windows system error. But I must copy the mysqldll.dll  from C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Server 4.1\bin folder. (Is an old database I know)
Otherwise I get the error: (dll from MySQL Connector C 6.0.2)
'Can''t connect to MySQL server on ''localhost'' (10061)'

I have done  now I execute the code.

mysql := MySQLConnection new.
mysql environment: 'localhost'.
mysql port: 3306.
mysql username: 'root'.
mysql password: 'root'.
mysql database: 'mydatabase'.

mysql connect. "IS O.K."

session  := MySQLSession newForConnection: (mysql). "IS O.K"
session prepare: 'SELECT * from person'.
session execute. "ERROR"

I get the message:
Connection Error

Where is the feature?