No Startup

Dan Norton
I can drag an image onto Cog and Cuis comes up OK. This is with:

cogwin-15.24.3386 and Cuis4.2-2383

However, my usual practice is to start Cog from an icon in the task bar and then specify an image from the "select an image" dialog which comes up. This does nothing. There is no log or debug produced, either.

If I go back to cogwin-15.22.3370, it works as expected.

 - Dan

Re: No Startup

Phil B
Dan,

On Wed, 2015-06-24 at 18:15 -0400, Dan Norton wrote:

> I can drag an image onto Cog and Cuis comes up OK. This is with:
>

> cogwin-15.24.3386 and Cuis4.2-2383
>

> However, my usual practice is to start Cog from an icon in the task
> bar and then specify an image from the "select an image" dialog which
> comes up. This does nothing. There is no log or debug produced,
> either.
>

> If I go back to cogwin-15.22.3370, it works as expected.

Can you replicate the issue with a Squeak or Pharo image? (i.e. is this
a VM issue or a Cuis issue?)

>  - Dan

Thanks,
Phil

Re: No Startup

Dan Norton
On 24 Jun 2015 at 18:15, Dan Norton wrote:

> I can drag an image onto Cog and Cuis comes up OK. This is with:
>
> cogwin-15.24.3386 and Cuis4.2-2383
>
> However, my usual practice is to start Cog from an icon in the task
> bar and then specify an image
> from the "select an image" dialog which comes up. This does nothing.
> There is no log or debug
> produced, either.
>
> If I go back to cogwin-15.22.3370, it works as expected.

Not true. It does *not* work with cogwin-15.22.3370 so it may be a Cuis issue.

 - Dan

Re: No Startup

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Dan,

On 6/24/2015 7:15 PM, Dan Norton wrote:
I can drag an image onto Cog and Cuis comes up OK. This is with:

cogwin-15.24.3386 and Cuis4.2-2383

However, my usual practice is to start Cog from an icon in the task bar and then specify an image from the "select an image" dialog which comes up. This does nothing. There is no log or debug produced, either.

If I go back to cogwin-15.22.3370, it works as expected.

 - Dan

You are right. There is some problem there. If you open the Windows task manager, you see that the VM keeps running, using RAM and CPU. There must be some problem with Cuis startup code. #2367 works as expected. #2377 fails as you describe. Will take a look right now.

Thanks for reporting!

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

Re: No Startup

Peter van Rooijen-2
Hi,

I just saw the same thing.

You have to drag the image onto Cog to get it started and visible.

Cheers, Peter

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 2:44 PM, Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Fixed in the commit I just pushed to GitHub.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich