No more dirty packages in Pharo

Damien Cassou
Hi,

I've fixed Magritte and Grease configurations so that loading these projects do not dirty any pharo package anymore.

Best

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: No more dirty packages in Pharo

Tudor Girba-2
Great.

What version?

Doru

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 12:59 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I've fixed Magritte and Grease configurations so that loading these projects do not dirty any pharo package anymore.

Best

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: No more dirty packages in Pharo

Tudor Girba-2
Ok, great. I loaded ConfigurationOfMagritte3 #development, and Grease loaded clean. Thank you!

The only remaining problem was asMorph in Magritte-Morph, but I fixed it now, so Magritte loads clean in Pharo 2.0.

Cheers,
Doru

On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 7:29 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Great.

What version?

Doru

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 12:59 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I've fixed Magritte and Grease configurations so that loading these projects do not dirty any pharo package anymore.

Best

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

"Every thing has its own flow"

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: No more dirty packages in Pharo

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Tudor Girba-2 wrote
The only remaining problem was asMorph in Magritte-Morph, but I fixed it
now, so Magritte loads clean in Pharo 2.0.
Cool! That one's been bothering me for a while but I didn't feel confident to change it (I keep forgetting I seem to be the only one using Morphic ha ha).

Now that we're changing it, I had an idea a while back to make things clearer...

Adapted from http://forum.world.st/Re-about-some-magritte-changes-I-made-td4257658.html#a4263576 :
1) #asMorph returns a presenter (MAXyzContainer), not a Morph. The current naming leads to "MyDomainObject asMorph morph", which doesn't make sense. #forMorphic, or #asMorphicContainer, or #asMorphicModel (since the container classes are all Model sublcasses) are more intention revealing.
2) Rename MAContainerMorph and friends -> MAMorphicContainer - these are not Morphs. I was actually astonished when I saw they did not inherit from Morph.

The Seaside part doesn't have this problem because an actual WAComponent is returned by #asComponent.

What do you think?
Cheers,
Sean

Re: No more dirty packages in Pharo

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
1) #asMorph returns a presenter (MAXyzContainer), not a Morph
And here's my very dramatic ;) initial experience which led me to these conclusions (from http://forum.world.st/Customizing-Magritte-Morphic-Forms-tp4251518p4251623.html):
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
I realized from your snippet what was missing in my attempt:

| form window |
        form := anAddress asMorph addButtons.
        window := SystemWindow new addMorph: form ***morph*** fullFrame: (LayoutFrame fractions: (0@0 corner: 1.0@1.0) offsets: (10@10 corner: 10@10)).
        window openInWorld.

OMG! It seems terribly misleading to me to call something a morph that is not a morph. This violates the principle of least surprise, and while surprises are nice today because it's a holiday, not so much the rest of the year ;-)
Cheers,
Sean