Non blurry Pharo 6.1 on Windows 10 and 4K display

Non blurry Pharo 6.1 on Windows 10 and 4K display

philippeback
Just wanted to say that one can have Pharo on a 4K display without blurry fonts.

This requires to use the settings with Large or Huge fonts.

And create a shortcut to Pharo.exe with the following settings in the properties of that shortcut:

There are then other issues showing, namely that tools are opening with default extents that are way too small for a 4K screen.

Maybe we should detect that or have a command line switch and update all tools so that the extent is multiplied by that factor.

The cursor is also tiny, but maybe VistaCursors can help.

So, a Hi-DPI screen on Windows 10 is definitely not an issue.

My new laptop has such a screen so, I have got an itch to scratch to get legible and usable things on it.

Icons are also too small and some items like Spotter "search" placeholder are not respecting the font sizes of the settings.

Anyway, no blur, yay!

Check

Phil

Re: Non blurry Pharo 6.1 on Windows 10 and 4K display

Tim Mackinnon
I wish there was a solution on a Macbook pro - although with Bloc continuing to forge ahead we get closer and closer. I hadn’t realised that not only is it blurry when it uses pixel doubling - but you also get a smaller workspace as well. I happened to take a copy of an image and run it on an older MacBook Air and was amazed to see that the workspace only took up 3/4 of the screen on the air, and so I could make it bigger and see more (more clearly as well).

Its a problem that we really need to solve universally.

Tim