Non-valid MSE files

SergeStinckwich
Hi all,

i try several meta-models available here with the MSE format:
http://www.emn.fr/z-info/atlanmod/index.php/AtlanticFM3
This is very nice to be able to load them in MOOSE!

Some of them like ACME 1.2:
http://gforge.inria.fr/scm/viewvc.php/*checkout*/AtlanticFM3/ACME.mse?root=atlantic-zoos
are in fact non-valid MSE files and could not be loaded in MOOSE,
because they used multi-inheritance and FM3 meta-model define only
single inheritance between classes. There is also others problems of
conformance to MSE with some files but i didn't have too much time to
investigate.

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk

Re: Non-valid MSE files

Tudor Girba
Hi Serge,

Moose also ships with MooseMSEFilesExplorer, a browser that lets you navigate through multiple metamodels in MSE format. I just looked into it, and I had to fix a couple of issues related to Filesystem.

If you get the very latest Moose development image, you can play with it by:
- placing all the MSE files in a 'metamodels' folder under the image
- running:
MooseMSEFilesExplorer openOn: FSDiskStore currentFilesystem workingDirectory / 'metamodels'.

You would get a browser like in the attachment.

Cheers,
Doru

On 29 Apr 2011, at 16:56, Serge Stinckwich wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i try several meta-models available here with the MSE format:
> http://www.emn.fr/z-info/atlanmod/index.php/AtlanticFM3
> This is very nice to be able to load them in MOOSE!
>
> Some of them like ACME 1.2:
> http://gforge.inria.fr/scm/viewvc.php/*checkout*/AtlanticFM3/ACME.mse?root=atlantic-zoos
> are in fact non-valid MSE files and could not be loaded in MOOSE,
> because they used multi-inheritance and FM3 meta-model define only
> single inheritance between classes. There is also others problems of
> conformance to MSE with some files but i didn't have too much time to
> investigate.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Serge Stinckwich
> UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://doesnotunderstand.org/
www.tudorgirba.com

"We are all great at making mistakes."

MSE metamodels explorer.png (81K) Download Attachment

Re: Non-valid MSE files

SergeStinckwich
On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 2:50 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Serge,
>
> Moose also ships with MooseMSEFilesExplorer, a browser that lets you navigate through multiple metamodels in MSE format. I just looked into it, and I had to fix a couple of issues related to Filesystem.
>
> If you get the very latest Moose development image, you can play with it by:
> - placing all the MSE files in a 'metamodels' folder under the image
> - running:
> MooseMSEFilesExplorer openOn: FSDiskStore currentFilesystem workingDirectory / 'metamodels'.
>
> You would get a browser like in the attachment.

Thank you Doru. I'm able to browse metamodels without problems. Very nice !
I could see all models except the one containing multiple inheritance
between classes.
I guess i have to enhance MSE parser and modify FM3 meta-meta-model if
i want to be able to view them.
No one has thought of a generation to traits (stateful traits, i guess).

BTW, there is errors when i select relationships between classes. Same
problem in the MooseMetaBrowser.

On 3 May 2011, at 05:47, Serge Stinckwich wrote:

> On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 2:50 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Serge,
>>
>> Moose also ships with MooseMSEFilesExplorer, a browser that lets you navigate through multiple metamodels in MSE format. I just looked into it, and I had to fix a couple of issues related to Filesystem.
>>
>> If you get the very latest Moose development image, you can play with it by:
>> - placing all the MSE files in a 'metamodels' folder under the image
>> - running:
>> MooseMSEFilesExplorer openOn: FSDiskStore currentFilesystem workingDirectory / 'metamodels'.
>>
>> You would get a browser like in the attachment.
>
> Thank you Doru. I'm able to browse metamodels without problems. Very nice !
> I could see all models except the one containing multiple inheritance
> between classes.
> I guess i have to enhance MSE parser and modify FM3 meta-meta-model if
> i want to be able to view them.
> No one has thought of a generation to traits (stateful traits, i guess).

The MSE parser needs no modification, but indeed FM3 would need to be changed.
Well, we wanted for a long time to introduce both traits and class extensions in FM3, but we did not get around to do it. It would be cool if someone would play with it.

> BTW, there is errors when i select relationships between classes. Same
> problem in the MooseMetaBrowser.

Indeed, thanks. I did not know about it. Please open a bug report:

Cheers,
Doru

> --
> Serge Stinckwich
> UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://doesnotunderstand.org/

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"There are no old things, there are only old ways of looking at them."