Notepad icon

Ian Bartholomew-3
One for the "when we have nothing else to do" list

The icon for the Notepad class and sample are wrong on XP - you get the
question mark icon displayed. It looks like the icon index in notepad.exe
has changed from 1 to 2 on XP so Notepad class>>icon probably needs an OS
check.

Regards
    Ian

Re: Notepad icon

Bill Schwab-2
Ian,

> The icon for the Notepad class and sample are wrong on XP - you get the
> question mark icon displayed. It looks like the icon index in notepad.exe
> has changed from 1 to 2 on XP so Notepad class>>icon probably needs an OS
> check.

This gets to something that I've wanted to do for a while now.  It might be
nice to have a gizmo that allows one to draw (with blocks??) bitmaps rather
than load them from files.   A lot of this stuff is small and could be
generated and even stored in the image.  Comments and/or better ideas?

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: Notepad icon

Blair McGlashan
"Ian Bartholomew" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> One for the "when we have nothing else to do" list
>
> The icon for the Notepad class and sample are wrong on XP - you get the
> question mark icon displayed. It looks like the icon index in notepad.exe
> has changed from 1 to 2 on XP so Notepad class>>icon probably needs an OS
> check.

Thanks Ian, #467.

Blair

Re: Notepad icon

Chris Uppal-3
Bill,

> This gets to something that I've wanted to do for a while now.  It might
be
> nice to have a gizmo that allows one to draw (with blocks??) bitmaps
rather
> than load them from files.   A lot of this stuff is small and could be
> generated and even stored in the image.  Comments and/or better ideas?

I realise that I'm sliding into "request for enhancement" territory here,
but since you've mentioned it, I'd also *very much* like to be able to store
icons (and similar, but mainly icons) in the image and as resources in
packages.

    -- chris

Re: Notepad icon

Blair McGlashan
Chris, Bill

"Chris Uppal" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> Bill,
>
> > This gets to something that I've wanted to do for a while now.  It might
> be
> > nice to have a gizmo that allows one to draw (with blocks??) bitmaps
> rather
> > than load them from files.   A lot of this stuff is small and could be
> > generated and even stored in the image.  Comments and/or better ideas?
>
> I realise that I'm sliding into "request for enhancement" territory here,
> but since you've mentioned it, I'd also *very much* like to be able to
store
> icons (and similar, but mainly icons) in the image and as resources in
> packages.

I think this could probably be done within the existing frameworks, after
all it is up to an Icon to realize itself, however it is something we will
have to look at after the initial release.

Regards

Blair

Re: Notepad icon

Ian Bartholomew-3
> > The icon for the Notepad class and sample are wrong on XP - you get the
> > question mark icon displayed. It looks like the icon index in
> > notepad.exe has changed from 1 to 2 on XP so Notepad class>>icon
> > probably needs an OS check.
>
> Thanks Ian, #467.

Just a quick update on this major issue. It is fixed in Beta2 but the icon
in the samples folder is still showing as a question mark. It needs a quick
"Notepad initialize" to knock it back into line.

Regards
    Ian

Re: Notepad icon

Blair McGlashan
"Ian Bartholomew" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> > > The icon for the Notepad class and sample are wrong on XP - you get
the
> > > question mark icon displayed. It looks like the icon index in
> > > notepad.exe has changed from 1 to 2 on XP so Notepad class>>icon
> > > probably needs an OS check.
> >
> > Thanks Ian, #467.
>
> Just a quick update on this major issue. It is fixed in Beta2 but the icon
> in the samples folder is still showing as a question mark. It needs a
quick
> "Notepad initialize" to knock it back into line.

Thanks Ian, I'll re-open it.

Regards

Blair