Notes on Visitors

keith1y
I have started posting some notes on the wiki

http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/smallwiki/pier/visitors/

feedback invited, is this style of note useful to anyone?

Keith

Re: Notes on Visitors

Lukas Renggli-2
Hi Keith,

> I have started posting some notes on the wiki
>
> http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/smallwiki/pier/visitors/
>
> feedback invited, is this style of note useful to anyone?

yes, I think this is very useful. Thanks for this contribution.

To answer your wiki questions (maybe you should subscribe to the
mailing list and post them here):

> I think that there should be a Server Control UI - I would revive
> Starbrowser if I could find all the parts. And star browser may be
> a good solution for reorganising heirarchical wikis - just a thought

If you have the latest version of OmniBrowser installed, you get a
GUI that can do everything you can do from the web. No drag and drop
yet, but that would be simple to add.

> I think that basic file serving should be enabled out of the box,
> perhaps even with ssp as standard. Sometimes it is just useful to
> have a simple solution for things. For example my javascript
> spec.js framework generates HTML files.

Static file-serving is more tricky, I don't exactly understand what
your goal is.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli