Now this is fun ...

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

Re: Now this is fun ...

hernanmd
:)

I think nobody expects Pharo to be : https://github.com/pharo-project

but like these:

https://github.com/perl -> The Perl Programming Language
https://github.com/ruby -> The Ruby Programming Language
https://github.com/python -> The Python Programming Language

More fun:

https://github.com/smalltalk -> Mareike Hybsier
https://github.com/lisp -> James Anderson
https://github.com/rust -> Shinichiro OGAWA
https://github.com/cpp -> Stefan Herr
https://github.com/java -> A product manager

El lun., 5 nov. 2018 a las 12:44, Sven Van Caekenberghe
(<[hidden email]>) escribió:

> https://github.com/pharo
>
> ;-)

Re: Now this is fun ...

Ben Coman

On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 at 23:43, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
https://github.com/pharo

;-)

Beat us to it in 2011.

But with only 4 repositories, I wonder did anyone politely reach out to describe out community and ask if we might allowed to adopt that url?
You can't know anyone's situation and philosophy until you ask them.
I could do it.  But better we don't all rush to do it and overwhelm him.

cheers -ben

Re: Now this is fun ...

philippeback
PR bomb... fork all his repos and issue gazillons of PRs.

Or maybe ask Github for turning ownership to us.

Phil

:)

(<[hidden email]>) escribió:

> https://github.com/pharo
>
> ;-)

Re: Now this is fun ...

jgfoster

> On Nov 5, 2018, at 9:07 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> PR bomb... fork all his repos and issue gazillons of PRs.

I hope this was in jest.

> Or maybe ask Github for turning ownership to us.

If he has been there for a while and that is his name, then we have no grounds for taking it away. The transfer of ownership case is for a company that holds a trademark and the other use is causing confusion. I don’t think anyone going to his site will be confused.

> Phil

James

Re: Now this is fun ...

philippeback

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018, 18:55 James Foster <[hidden email] wrote:

> On Nov 5, 2018, at 9:07 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> PR bomb... fork all his repos and issue gazillons of PRs.

I hope this was in jest.

Sure. We already are mixing #pharo with Marseille and a video game...

Phil

> Or maybe ask Github for turning ownership to us.

If he has been there for a while and that is his name, then we have no grounds for taking it away. The transfer of ownership case is for a company that holds a trademark and the other use is causing confusion. I don’t think anyone going to his site will be confused.

> Phil

James

Re: Now this is fun ...

Pharo Smalltalk Developers mailing list
Based on his activity level - it is abandoned.

Ask him nicely and I'd bet he would relinquish it.  He can move his stuff to jpharo (which is great until we port the VM to Java like JRuby) or something.