O2PackageBrowser broken in Pharo 10495

Simon Denier-3
Does someone know why the O2 browser suddenly broke in the latest
10495. It does not look good, especially since there is plenty of
people here at Smalltalks 09 trying to launch Pharo and follow
PharoByExample get stuck pretty quickly.

This especially for issues 1475, 1476, 1477

Perhaps we can simply go back to a previous version of O2 and publish
a new RC, if David does not have time to correct the bugs.

--
  Simon

Re: O2PackageBrowser broken in Pharo 10495

Adrian Lienhard
Hi Simon,

David has already fixed some issues a week ago (I know he fixed
#1476). But there is no new build available yet. Until these new
images are available, I've reverted the links on the download page to
the previous versions, which do not have the issue of the O2 package
browser.

David, could you check whether issue 1475 and 1477 may also be fixed
already?

thanks for reporting

Adrian

On Nov 21, 2009, at 20:14 , Simon Denier wrote:

> Does someone know why the O2 browser suddenly broke in the latest
> 10495. It does not look good, especially since there is plenty of
> people here at Smalltalks 09 trying to launch Pharo and follow
> PharoByExample get stuck pretty quickly.
>
> This especially for issues 1475, 1476, 1477
>
> Perhaps we can simply go back to a previous version of O2 and publish
> a new RC, if David does not have time to correct the bugs.
>
> --
>  Simon

Re: O2PackageBrowser broken in Pharo 10495

Damien Cassou
On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 9:32 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> David has already fixed some issues a week ago (I know he fixed #1476). But
> there is no new build available yet. Until these new images are available,
> I've reverted the links on the download page to the previous versions, which
> do not have the issue of the O2 package browser.

I will create a new release.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: O2PackageBrowser broken in Pharo 10495

Matthias Berth-2
FWIW, I have submitted a quick a fix to #1476
UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #takesNodes , see the
EnhancedOB repository on squeaksource:

Name: OmniBrowser2-matthias_berth.6
Author: matthias.berth
Time: 14 November 2009, 2:56:23 pm
UUID: 9ced8959-8aa3-4ce3-9341-e9367fbcb683
Ancestors: OmniBrowser2-DavidRoethlisberger.5

patch to tolerate nil in cmdFactories (otherwise browser won't open in
current Pharo pharo1.0-10495-rc1web09.11.3 )

Cheers

Matthias

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 9:32 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> David has already fixed some issues a week ago (I know he fixed #1476). But
>> there is no new build available yet. Until these new images are available,
>> I've reverted the links on the download page to the previous versions, which
>> do not have the issue of the O2 package browser.
>
> I will create a new release.
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
> popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: O2PackageBrowser broken in Pharo 10495

Adrian Lienhard
Hasn't this been fixed in the latest Pharo image announced by Damien
yesterday?

Adrian

On Nov 23, 2009, at 19:20 , Matthias Berth wrote:

> FWIW, I have submitted a quick a fix to #1476
> UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #takesNodes , see the
> EnhancedOB repository on squeaksource:
>
> Name: OmniBrowser2-matthias_berth.6
> Author: matthias.berth
> Time: 14 November 2009, 2:56:23 pm
> UUID: 9ced8959-8aa3-4ce3-9341-e9367fbcb683
> Ancestors: OmniBrowser2-DavidRoethlisberger.5
>
> patch to tolerate nil in cmdFactories (otherwise browser won't open in
> current Pharo pharo1.0-10495-rc1web09.11.3 )
>
> Cheers
>
> Matthias
>

> On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 9:32 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> David has already fixed some issues a week ago (I know he fixed
>>> #1476). But
>>> there is no new build available yet. Until these new images are
>>> available,
>>> I've reverted the links on the download page to the previous
>>> versions, which
>>> do not have the issue of the O2 package browser.
>>
>> I will create a new release.
>>
>> --
>> Damien Cassou
>> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>>
>> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
>> popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: O2PackageBrowser broken in Pharo 10495

Matthias Berth-2
maybe, I used the other one (11.3), had no time to check with the
current version yet.

Cheers

Matthias