OA - can you update the comment for #formatWithArguments:

OA - can you update the comment for #formatWithArguments:

Tim M
Was just browsing through changed methods in my image (its a lovely
feature that one) - and noticed that I updated the comment for
#formatWithArguments:  (with an e.g.).

As I can never remember the format or where to look adding the
following with the additional e.g. really helps.

Its a trivial change, but that method is quite useful - so its nice to
get the memory jog.

"Answer a String which is a message formatted from the receiver
(assumed to be a Win32
        format String (see Win32 help under FormatMessage, and printf)) with
substituations from the collection, arguments.
        Note that floating point specifiers are not supported.

        e.g. 'hello %1!03u!' formatWith: 1"

Re: OA - can you update the comment for #formatWithArguments:

Chris Uppal-3
TimM wrote:

> Was just browsing through changed methods in my image (its a lovely
> feature that one) - and noticed that I updated the comment for
> #formatWithArguments:  (with an e.g.).

Might also be worthwhile adding the MSDN URL to the comment:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/debug/base/formatmessage.asp

Not a good idea to link to MSDN in general, but for one or two cases like this,
I think it'd help.

    -- chris

Re: OA - can you update the comment for #formatWithArguments:

Andy Bower-3
Chaps,

> TimM wrote:
>
> > Was just browsing through changed methods in my image (its a lovely
> > feature that one) - and noticed that I updated the comment for
> > #formatWithArguments:  (with an e.g.).
>
> Might also be worthwhile adding the MSDN URL to the comment:
>

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/debug/base/formatmessage.asp
>
> Not a good idea to link to MSDN in general, but for one or two cases
> like this, I think it'd help.

Recorded as #2089.

--
Andy Bower