OB

Alexandre Bergel-4
Hi David,

it seems that your last improvement of OB (especially the one defining
the width of the mercury input field) does not work properly. The
input field is above the buttons.

Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: OB

cedreek
yes confirmed
(nb I like having buttons there).

Cheers,

2009/3/6 Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]>:

> Hi David,
>
> it seems that your last improvement of OB (especially the one defining
> the width of the mercury input field) does not work properly. The
> input field is above the buttons.
>
> Alexandre

Cédrick

Re: OB

David Röthlisberger-2
I just wanted to fix the width of the mercury panel, but this doesn't seem to work in
Pharo. The width specified for one component in table layout doesn't prevent the next
cell to take the same space...
Don't know how to fix this, so I removed the fixed width. Now it works, but the ugly
thing is that mercury panel shrinks in size when more buttons get added.

David

> yes confirmed
> (nb I like having buttons there).
>
> Cheers,
>
> 2009/3/6 Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi David,
>>
>> it seems that your last improvement of OB (especially the one defining
>> the width of the mercury input field) does not work properly. The
>> input field is above the buttons.
>>
>> Alexandre
>> --
>> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
>> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

Re: OB

Damien Cassou
On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 2:58 PM, David Röthlisberger <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I just wanted to fix the width of the mercury panel, but this doesn't seem to work in
> Pharo.

It also doesn't work on Squeak 3.9.

> The width specified for one component in table layout doesn't prevent the next
> cell to take the same space...
> Don't know how to fix this, so I removed the fixed width. Now it works, but the ugly
> thing is that mercury panel shrinks in size when more buttons get added.

Could you please update the universe?

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: OB

David Röthlisberger-2

>> I just wanted to fix the width of the mercury panel, but this doesn't seem to work in
>> Pharo.
>
> It also doesn't work on Squeak 3.9.

For me it worked well, like a charm.
What was the behavior you got in Squeak?
What other packages have you loaded?

>> The width specified for one component in table layout doesn't prevent the next
>> cell to take the same space...
>> Don't know how to fix this, so I removed the fixed width. Now it works, but the ugly
>> thing is that mercury panel shrinks in size when more buttons get added.
>
> Could you please update the universe?

I already did that. OmniBrowser-Morphic 0.84?

David

Re: OB

Damien Cassou
On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 3:33 PM, David Röthlisberger <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> I just wanted to fix the width of the mercury panel, but this doesn't seem to work in
>>> Pharo.
>>
>> It also doesn't work on Squeak 3.9.
>
> For me it worked well, like a charm.
> What was the behavior you got in Squeak?

The text input recovered the buttons.

> What other packages have you loaded?

The whole dev-image, generated from scratch.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: OB

David Röthlisberger-2

>> What other packages have you loaded?
>
> The whole dev-image, generated from scratch.

hm, maybe then it's actually caused by the interplay with another package that I
haven't loaded.
I will look at that.
For the moment I'd say just use the versions in the Universe to build the dev images.
They work but have this little glitch I mentioned that the mercury panel shrinks when
more buttons get loaded dependent on the selected entity.

David

Re: OB

cedreek
> Don't know how to fix this, so I removed the fixed width. Now it works, but the ugly
> thing is that mercury panel shrinks in size when more buttons get added.

I don't find it ugly ;)... Actually I finded uglier the long mercury
panel before.

Maybe having it with a fixed width on the right... (maybe you can use
an invisible button :), a spacer ?)

Also, it will look a bit nicer if aligned vertically but I don't know
if possible.

Thanks anyway :)

--
Cédrick

Re: OB

Gary Chambers-4
Setting the search text (hResizing) to be rigid and the button bar
(hResizing)  to be spaceFill should work...

Regards, Gary

>> Don't know how to fix this, so I removed the fixed width. Now it works,
>> but the ugly
>> thing is that mercury panel shrinks in size when more buttons get added.
>
> I don't find it ugly ;)... Actually I finded uglier the long mercury
> panel before.
>
> Maybe having it with a fixed width on the right... (maybe you can use
> an invisible button :), a spacer ?)
>
> Also, it will look a bit nicer if aligned vertically but I don't know
> if possible.
>
> Thanks anyway :)
>

> --
> Cédrick

Re: OB

Igor Stasenko
i don't see a need to have a mercury input field big. It serves to
speed-up the search and from its purpose most times its input will be
a few letters long.

2009/3/6 Gary Chambers <[hidden email]>:

> Setting the search text (hResizing) to be rigid and the button bar
> (hResizing)  to be spaceFill should work...
>
> Regards, Gary

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.