OCRed Version of Inside Smalltalk

stephane ducasse
Dear Smalltalkers from all over the world

We get now a smaller in size and searchable version of Inside Smalltalk.

http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks.html
http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks/InsideST/InsideSmalltalk.pdf

I want to thank Don Howell for his great job for the OCRed version of  Inside Smalltalk.

Stef

Dr. Stéphane DUCASSE              [ | ]
http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr
"if you knew today was your last day on earth, what would you
do different? ...  especially if,  by doing something different,
today might not be your last day on earth" Calvin&Hobbes

Online Free Books at http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks.html
http://www.pharo-project.org/_______________________________________________
Esug-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.esug.org/listinfo/esug-list

Re: OCRed Version of Inside Smalltalk

Hilaire Fernandes-4
stephane ducasse a écrit :
> Dear Smalltalkers from all over the world
>
> We get now a smaller in size and searchable version of Inside Smalltalk.
>
> http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks.html
> http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks/InsideST/InsideSmalltalk.pdf

Are you pointing the right version, it does not look to be OCRed, or is
it a cache inbetween?

Thanks

Hilaire

Re: OCRed Version of Inside Smalltalk

Marcus Denker-4

On Apr 15, 2010, at 7:45 PM, Fernandes wrote:

> stephane ducasse a écrit :
>> Dear Smalltalkers from all over the world
>> We get now a smaller in size and searchable version of Inside Smalltalk.
>> http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks.html
>> http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks/InsideST/InsideSmalltalk.pdf
>
> Are you pointing the right version, it does not look to be OCRed, or is
> it a cache inbetween?

This is "image with OCRed text behind". The best way to archive any
orginally printed matter. The nice thing with this is

        -> you get the orginal layout, yet text-seach and copy-n-paste is
             possible.
        -> OCR failures are not that of a problem.
        -> you can just re-do the OCR layer in 10 years when computers
             are faster and OCR is better :-)

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: OCRed Version of Inside Smalltalk

JonyGreen
if you don't like to install ocr software to your computer, you can try this free online ocr tool