ODBC Example Code Needed

steve geringer-4
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find some example code
for using ODBC in Dolphin Smalltalk ?

Thanks,
Steve

Re: ODBC Example Code Needed

Andy Bower-3
steve,

> Does anyone know where I can find some example code
> for using ODBC in Dolphin Smalltalk ?

There is documentation for the ODBC Database Connection at:

http://www.object-arts.com/Lib/EducationCentre4/htm/databaseconnectivity
.htm

If you have control over the database format then the ReStore
Object/Relational mapping layer may be useful to you. It is a
commercial product that hides most of the unpleasantness of ODBC and
SQL from the Smalltalk propgrammer and can be found at:

http://www.solutionsoft.co.uk/

--
Andy Bower
Dolphin Support

Re: ODBC Example Code Needed

steve geringer-4
Thanks Andy...

BTW. the link from within the Database Connection package comments failed.

SmalltalkSystem help: 'databaseconnectivity'

comes up with
http://www.object-arts.com/Lib/EducationCentre5/htm/databaseconnectivity.htm

instead of