ODBC on Pharo?

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Hello all,

Are any of you loading the ODBC packages into Pharo?  I'm hitting a problem that looks like it might be due to compiler or related changes.  One solution might be to load the gzipped change set into an older Squeak and save a .mcz file.  Does any of this sound familiar/handled to you?  If so, I would appreciate a pointer in the right direction.

Thanks,

Bill

Re: ODBC on Pharo?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Bill:
How are you trying to install it? I just download from MC http://www.squeaksource.com/ODBC
version: ODBC-rjl.10   and latest FFI (ScriptLoader loadFFI) and it was sucessuflly (I think) installed.

I am using Pharo 10328.

I have no idea is this is the correct ODBC. I cannot neither test it because I don't see any test.
I saw also ODBCEnh but I don't know which one do you want.

Anyway, SqueakDBX also supports ODBC. Right now ODBC only works in Linux. You can see the supported backend here:
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6108

Which database are you using?

Cheers,

Mariano

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 8:57 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,

Are any of you loading the ODBC packages into Pharo?  I'm hitting a problem that looks like it might be due to compiler or related changes.  One solution might be to load the gzipped change set into an older Squeak and save a .mcz file.  Does any of this sound familiar/handled to you?  If so, I would appreciate a pointer in the right direction.

Thanks,

Bill

Re: ODBC on Pharo?

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Mariano,

It looks like it worked.  The version you recommend mentions "the old enhancements" package and a well-intentioned raid on same, so hopefully the package is complete enough as-is???

I will end up using MySQL and SQL server (not my doing<g>),  and maybe Oracle.  Progress on Linux is great, but I will end up needing to use win2k3 too.

Thanks!
Bill

2009/6/25 Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]>
Mariano,

It looks like it worked.  The version you recommend

I didn't recommend nothing, just comment to you what I tested. I have NO IDEA of the ODBC driver. I cannot recommend you what to use. Sorry.

mentions "the old enhancements" package and a well-intentioned raid on same, so hopefully the package is complete enough as-is???

I guess and hope so.

I will end up using MySQL and SQL server (not my doing<g>),  and maybe Oracle.  Progress on Linux is great, but I will end up needing to use win2k3 too.

Oracle and MS SQL are supported in Linux and Windows for SqueakDBX. MySQL only in Linux because I am having problems in Windows :(
Be aware that OpenDBX uses asynchronous queries when possible, so, the time the VM is lock is very small ;)

Best,

Mariano

Thanks!
Bill