ODBC on W7 and Pharo 1.4

Torsten Bergmann
Sorry - no MSAccess installation here to help you with the
problem. Dont know if ODBC package is still maintained.

Maybe you should switch to DBXTalk which can also
be used with ODBC

http://dbxtalk.smallworks.com.ar/

Guillermo currently prepares a new version for OpenDBX 1.4.6.

Bye
T.

Re: ODBC on W7 and Pharo 1.4

FDominicus
"Torsten Bergmann" <[hidden email]> writes:

> Sorry - no MSAccess installation here to help you with the
> problem. Dont know if ODBC package is still maintained.
>
> Maybe you should switch to DBXTalk which can also
> be used with ODBC
>
> http://dbxtalk.smallworks.com.ar/
>
> Guillermo currently prepares a new version for OpenDBX 1.4.6.
Ok thanks anyway. Can you tell me if  there is a usable tutorial about
FFI somewhere. Without it it's really hard to  understand the ODBC
implementation.

Thanks
Friedrich

--
Q-Software Solutions GmbH; Sitz: Bruchsal; Registergericht: Mannheim
Registriernummer: HRB232138; Geschaeftsfuehrer: Friedrich Dominicus

Re: ODBC on W7 and Pharo 1.4

FDominicus
"Torsten Bergmann" <[hidden email]> writes:

> Sorry - no MSAccess installation here to help you with the
> problem. Dont know if ODBC package is still maintained.
>
> Maybe you should switch to DBXTalk which can also
> be used with ODBC
>
> http://dbxtalk.smallworks.com.ar/
Ok I  tried that and well the connection string for
th|settings platform connection|
settings := DBXConnectionSettings
                        host: 'localhost'
                        port: ''
                        database: 'MandantDB'
                        userName: ''
                        userPassword: ''.
platform := DBXOdbcBackend new.
connection := DBXConnection platform: platform settings: settings.

connection connect.

connection isConnected true
connection open.e ODBC connecton may be wrong.

I come till isconnected but while  running open I got an
error that  this datasource name is not know.

Well fine the same Database name allows me to connect to  the
database with the ODBC stuff...

So what's supposed to be written in the DBXConnectionSettings?

Regards