ODBC on W7 and Pharo 1.4

Torsten Bergmann
>Can you tell me if  there is a usable tutorial about
>FFI somewhere.

Make sure you use latest FFI and ODBC package. For
a FFI description use

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Squeak+FFI

Can you send the CREATE/INSERT script for the table?

Bye
T.

Re: ODBC on W7 and Pharo 1.4

FDominicus
"Torsten Bergmann" <[hidden email]> writes:

> Can you send the CREATE/INSERT script for the table?

>>Can you tell me if  there is a usable tutorial about
>>FFI somewhere.
>
> Make sure you use latest FFI and ODBC package. For
> a FFI description use
>
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Squeak+FFI
CREATE TABLE [tblTest] (
[ID] AUTOINCREMENT,
[DoubleValue] DOUBLE DEFAULT 0);

In Pharo:
c := ODBCConnection dsn: 'testDB' user: '' password: ''.
c execute: 'create table [tblTest2] ([value] int);'

INSERT INTO [tblTest] ([DoubleValue]) VALUES (23456.0);

Well yes the [] are needed.....

Regards
Friedrich

Re: ODBC on W7 and Pharo 1.4

FDominicus
"Torsten Bergmann" <[hidden email]> writes:

> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Squeak+FFI
Sorry I found the stuff in the wiki before. But it does not declare
anything which is needed e.g for understanding SQLDouble and the like.

Regards