ODBC on W7 and Pharo 1.4

Torsten Bergmann
The below works for me with MSSQL Server

settings := DBXConnectionSettings
        host: 'NAME'
        port: ''
        database: 'MyDatabase'
        userName: 'user'
        userPassword: 'pass'.
platform := DBXOdbcBackend new.
connection := DBXConnection platform: platform settings: settings.
connection connect.
connection open.

where NAME is the name given in the ODBC control panel and MyDatabase
is the database name. Tell us if it works.

Bye
T.

Re: ODBC on W7 and Pharo 1.4

FDominicus
"Torsten Bergmann" <[hidden email]> writes:

> The below works for me with MSSQL Server
>
> settings := DBXConnectionSettings
> host: 'NAME'
> port: ''
> database: 'MyDatabase'
> userName: 'user'
> userPassword: 'pass'.
> platform := DBXOdbcBackend new.
> connection := DBXConnection platform: platform settings: settings.
> connection connect.
> connection open.

Sorry, does that mean the name I gave to the Data source must be placed
in host?

I'm sorry but how should one know that? The .mdb driver points to one
file (the database) itself and in this database there are the different
tables. So what am I supposed to write into database? A table name?

Regards
Friedrich