[OFFTOPIC] Update: Debris Publishing / Quuve Research & Portfolio Management Platform

[OFFTOPIC] Update: Debris Publishing / Quuve Research & Portfolio Management Platform

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi all,

A while back our team presented Quuve [1], a customizable investment management ecosystem for professional investors. We also discussed the technologies employed to build it [2] (it is developed on Pharo and deployed on GemStone). We are reaching out again because we recently revamped our website [3] and created a number of promotional videos that demonstrate Quuve's power [4]. We would appreciate your help in marketing our wares!

Quuve is the world's first fully integrated and customizable research and portfolio management platform. The system offers powerful features never before seen by the investment community and it empowers users to tailor tools in ways that accommodate their idiosyncratic investment style. In the coming years, customization, data-inheritance, shared databases, machine-learning, and robo-trading will become standard among investors of all sizes, and we expect Quuve will blaze the trail.

If you have any questions about Quuve please let us know.

Thanks,

Re: [OFFTOPIC] Update: Debris Publishing / Quuve Research & Portfolio Management Platform

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 12 Jul 2017, at 21:53, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> A while back our team presented Quuve [1], a customizable investment management ecosystem for professional investors. We also discussed the technologies employed to build it [2] (it is developed on Pharo and deployed on GemStone). We are reaching out again because we recently revamped our website [3] and created a number of promotional videos that demonstrate Quuve's power [4].

I finally watched the first video and I must say this is really impressive. So cool to see Smalltalk code in scripting boxes !

How large is the technical team that built / is building this ? It looks like a really deep/wide application.

Anyway, great work. I hope you can make a living out of this.

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 11:10 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 12 Jul 2017, at 21:53, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> A while back our team presented Quuve [1], a customizable investment management ecosystem for professional investors. We also discussed the technologies employed to build it [2] (it is developed on Pharo and deployed on GemStone). We are reaching out again because we recently revamped our website [3] and created a number of promotional videos that demonstrate Quuve's power [4].

I finally watched the first video and I must say this is really impressive. So cool to see Smalltalk code in scripting boxes !

Thanks Sven,

Yes, the rule engine is with Smalltalk code. The user can write their own rules (for fundamentals, algorithms, quants, screening filters, etc). The code of these rules can be simple keys or Smalltalk blocks. When blocks, these are something like this:

[ :aProcessorProxy | aProcessorProxy revenues / aProcessorProxy price ]

and things like that. Basically, in general we pass by a "proxy" to a processor which then dynamically understands keys and ends up evaluating rules.

Sure, we have problems with mathematical operators and their precedence etc. But we try to document this and provide many many examples. There is also a kind of debugger with some call stack about the called keys etc. See [1] (all violet are links that open popups to see more info)

And if you liked to see Smalltalk, did you see the rules browser?  hahah. See [2].

How large is the technical team that built / is building this ? It looks like a really deep/wide application.

The product started like a single-man project in 1996. It started with Python, then moved to Smalltalk. It has no UI back then. I joined them about 5 years ago and have been working for them since then. In these last years we started a new UI using Seaside and Bootstrap, start using Ajax everywhere, we started using GemStone for deploy, etc etc. The team was/is really small..... I cannot even believe myself how much we were able to do with the team size we had. And...I cannot stop thinking what we COULD do with a bigger team... I can give you more details privately if you wish.

Anyway, great work. I hope you can make a living out of this.

Thanks Sven for your nice words.