ORM with PostgreSQL support

bahman
Hi all,

I'm completely new to Smalltalk world so please bear with me.

Coming from the Java world, I'm used to using an ORM when developing a
database-backed application.  What are the options in the Smalltalk
world?  I'm specially looking for something that supports PostgreSQL as
that's what I 99.99% of the time use :-)

Would you please give me some pointers along with links to the
documentations?

TIA,

--
Bahman Movaqar  (http://BahmanM.com)
ERP Evaluation, Implementation, Deployment Consultant

Re: ORM with PostgreSQL support

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
http://dbxtalk.smallworks.com.ar

On 27 May 2013, at 11:08, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://book.pharo-project.org/book/PharoTools/Glorp/
>

> On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Bahman Movaqar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm completely new to Smalltalk world so please bear with me.
>
> Coming from the Java world, I'm used to using an ORM when developing a
> database-backed application.  What are the options in the Smalltalk
> world?  I'm specially looking for something that supports PostgreSQL as
> that's what I 99.99% of the time use :-)
>
> Would you please give me some pointers along with links to the
> documentations?
>
> TIA,
>
> --
> Bahman Movaqar  (http://BahmanM.com)
> ERP Evaluation, Implementation, Deployment Consultant

Re: ORM with PostgreSQL support

stephane ducasse

> Hi all,
>
> I'm completely new to Smalltalk world so please bear with me.

Welcome :)
do not hesitate to ask any questions and problems you face.
learning alone smalltalk is not necessarily trivial.

> Coming from the Java world, I'm used to using an ORM when developing a
> database-backed application.  What are the options in the Smalltalk
> world?  I'm specially looking for something that supports PostgreSQL as
> that's what I 99.99% of the time use :-)

You have DBXTalk, for no-sql you have mongoTalk, riak support.