OS/2 Smalltalks

blake watson
Cleaning out the garage I came across copies of Digitalk's, IBM's and (I think) ParcPlace's Smalltalks for OS/2.

If there's any interest in these dinosaurs, let me know, else they will be recycled....

===Blake===

Re: OS/2 Smalltalks

aglynn42
I would be interested.  I do charity work that uses OS/2 (the Ecomstation version) to allow reuse of older PCs for low income students.  Surprisingly all the main software needed is available - OpenOffice, Firefox, Thunderbird, Flash, Lyx, plus a crapload of mathematical and scientific software, etc, the lack is more modern utilities -  a lot of the decent utility programs for OS/2 are old, text based, and not updated to handle the changes made to handle modern hardware.  A decent OS/2 Smalltalk would make writing those a lot simpler.

Let me know how to go about it.  I  can give you an email address to send info to.

thanks
Andrew Glynn

On Tuesday, May 27, 2014 2:09:45 PM UTC-5, blake wrote:
Cleaning out the garage I came across copies of Digitalk's, IBM's and (I think) ParcPlace's Smalltalks for OS/2.

If there's any interest in these dinosaurs, let me know, else they will be recycled....

===Blake===

Re: OS/2 Smalltalks

blake watson
I'd think you'd rather compile Pharo for OS/2, but I have uncovered all 12 3.5" floppies for OS/2 VAST. (I think I have the CD as well but I kept that in a different location, still looking.) I've got the boxes for the Digitalk Parts and the...other one...name eludes me at the moment, but need to double-check to make sure I've got the CDs and/or floppies.

I've got a shrinkwrapped VAC++ as well but I think I chucked my Borland C++ for OS/2 on the first pass. Also have the little known/used SpeedSoft Sibyl compiler/IDE. I'm inventorying at the moment and will get back to you.