OS 8.5 - problems with dialog boxes: error notifier not modal and alignment in ModalMessageBox

OS 8.5 - problems with dialog boxes: error notifier not modal and alignment in ModalMessageBox

Rommel, Volker
Hello,

I've encountered some problems concerning dialog boxes.
(I am working with OStudio 8.5 on Windows 7.).

- error notifier not modal

I changed the error notifier class for the runtime image to RuntimeDebugNotifier. Unfortunately the notifying dialog is not modal to OStudio windows but only to VisualWorks.
While there is an unhandled exception and the user should decide to quit or continue the program he can proceed without answering the dialog.

Is there a way to make the standard notifier dialog modal to OStudio?

- text alignment in ModalMessageBox

So I wanted to use another dialog, e. g. ModalMessageBox.  I tried to mock up the  VisualWorks notifier but it looks terrible, because the whole text is centered.

A ModalMessageBox with standard buttons like OK, Retry, Cancel looks fine. The text is aligned left. But if you use Exit, Proceed and Continue it's messed up. The normal MessageBox does it way better.

In ModalMessageBox>>createTitle:text:icon:buttons:action:controller: you see
text asTextOptions: {#VCenter #HCenter}.
whereas in MessageBox>>createTitle:text:icon:buttons:action:controller: it says
text asTextOptions: {#VCenter #Left}.

Why is the text centered in the ModalMessageBox?

- #open is called twice in MessageBox

And while playing around with ModalMessagBox and MessageBox I found that there are to calls to #open for the MessageBox.
I think the #open in #createTitle:text:icon:buttons:action:controller: shouldn't be there. #open is called again in #title:text:icon:buttons:action:controller:ctlr

Regards,
--
Volker Rommel
Software Development Engineer

Swisslab GmbH
DPLDT...6194
Pascalstrasse 10f
10587 Berlin / Germany

Phone: +49 30 62601 215
[hidden email]

Swisslab GmbH
Pascalstrasse 10f; D‑10587 Berlin; Telefon +49‑30‑62601‑0; Telefax +49‑30‑62601‑222
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin - Registergericht: AG Berlin-Charlottenburg HRB 88144 B - Geschäftsführung: Ulrich Reder

Confidentiality Note
This message is intended only for the use of the named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete the message. Any unauthorized use of the information contained in this message is prohibited.