OSPlatform currentVersion

NorbertHartl
Does anyone know when the output for

OSPlatform currentVersion

changed? In Pharo 4 I get

'1095'

and in pharo6 I get

'10.12.5'.

The determination if it is a OSX system or older is done by

currentVersion asNumber >= 1000

which changes behaviour because the currentVersion string has been changed. Is the output the one supposed to be?

Norbert

Re: OSPlatform currentVersion

alistairgrant
Hi Norbet,

Take a look at:

http://forum.world.st/Working-OSProcess-configuration-for-Pharo-6-release-please-tp4952002p4952005.html

HTH,
Alistair

On 6 July 2017 at 14:06, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does anyone know when the output for
>
> OSPlatform currentVersion
>
> changed? In Pharo 4 I get
>
> '1095'
>
> and in pharo6 I get
>
> '10.12.5'.
>
> The determination if it is a OSX system or older is done by
>
> currentVersion asNumber >= 1000
>
> which changes behaviour because the currentVersion string has been changed.
> Is the output the one supposed to be?
>
> Norbert

Re: OSPlatform currentVersion

NorbertHartl
Ok, then it is a regression because I downloaded vm and image freshly before trying

thanks,

Norbert

> Am 06.07.2017 um 14:15 schrieb Alistair Grant <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi Norbet,
>
> Take a look at:
>
> http://forum.world.st/Working-OSProcess-configuration-for-Pharo-6-release-please-tp4952002p4952005.html
>
> HTH,
> Alistair
>

> On 6 July 2017 at 14:06, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Does anyone know when the output for
>>
>> OSPlatform currentVersion
>>
>> changed? In Pharo 4 I get
>>
>> '1095'
>>
>> and in pharo6 I get
>>
>> '10.12.5'.
>>
>> The determination if it is a OSX system or older is done by
>>
>> currentVersion asNumber >= 1000
>>
>> which changes behaviour because the currentVersion string has been changed.
>> Is the output the one supposed to be?
>>
>> Norbert

Re: OSPlatform currentVersion

NorbertHartl
Ok,

it works in the 7.0 vm. I opened the ticket again in order that we do not forget the fix for 6.1

Norbert