OSProcess-Tests, who solves these errors?

OSProcess-Tests, who solves these errors?

Peter K.H. Gragert
Hello,
Just read a foregoing mail and curious I installed
as told:
  Gofer new
squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
package: 'ConfigurationOfOSProcess';
load.

  (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOSProcess) project bleedingEdge load.

To load CommandShell, you can start with:

  Gofer new
squeaksource: 'CommandShell';
package: 'CommandShell-Piping';
load.
Running the SUnittest on it: see picture included ..
What to do (a newbie) PC: Vista, Pharo .14 ..
Greets
        Peter

OSProcesTestErrors.jpg (76K) Download Attachment

Re: OSProcess-Tests, who solves these errors?

Igor Stasenko
On 11 September 2012 18:27, Peter K.H. Gragert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> Just read a foregoing mail and curious I installed
> as told:
>
>   Gofer new
> squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>
> package: 'ConfigurationOfOSProcess';
> load.
>
>   (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOSProcess) project bleedingEdge load.
>
> To load CommandShell, you can start with:
>
>   Gofer new
> squeaksource: 'CommandShell';
>
> package: 'CommandShell-Piping';
> load.
>
> Running the SUnittest on it: see picture included ..What to do (a newbie)
> PC: Vista, Pharo .14 ..Greets        Peter

Yeah, several features in windows are not supported (as opposed to
unix systems),
this is main reason why these tests fail.

But if memory does not fails me, we have some outstanding issues with
osprocess , waiting to be fixed.

And answering your question about who solves these errors: anyone who
want them fixed and having time to do that.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: OSProcess-Tests, who solves these errors?

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 7:30 PM, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 11 September 2012 18:27, Peter K.H. Gragert <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
> Just read a foregoing mail and curious I installed
> as told:
>
>   Gofer new
>       squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>
>       package: 'ConfigurationOfOSProcess';
>       load.
>
>   (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOSProcess) project bleedingEdge load.
>
> To load CommandShell, you can start with:
>
>   Gofer new
>       squeaksource: 'CommandShell';
>
>       package: 'CommandShell-Piping';
>       load.
>
> Running the SUnittest on it: see picture included ..What to do (a newbie)
> PC: Vista, Pharo .14 ..Greets        Peter

Yeah, several features in windows are not supported (as opposed to
unix systems),
this is main reason why these tests fail.

But if memory does not fails me, we have some outstanding issues with
osprocess , waiting to be fixed.

And answering your question about who solves these errors: anyone who
want them fixed and having time to do that.

At least we should write a proper #expectedFailures that returns the tests that should fail when running in Windows....

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

--