OSProcess in Pharo 5?

Paul DeBruicker
Hi -

Is OSProcess the thing to use in Pharo 5 if you want to run a bash command and then bring the result into a running image?

It seems to be locking up an image I've got with code that previously worked in Pharo 4.

Thanks

Paul

Re: OSProcess in Pharo 5?

Ben Coman
On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 8:06 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> If you are only interested in Unix / Linux / OSX,

What is the plan for Windows support?
cheers -ben

> then you may want to try
> OSSubprocess (it does work correctly in Pharo 5.0)
>
> https://github.com/marianopeck/OSSubprocess
>
> Cheers,
>

> On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 8:03 PM, PAUL DEBRUICKER <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi -
>>

>> Is OSProcess the thing to use in Pharo 5 if you want to run a bash command
>> and then bring the result into a running image?
>>

>> It seems to be locking up an image I've got with code that previously
>> worked in Pharo 4.
>>

>> Thanks
>>

>> Paul
>

> --
> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: OSProcess in Pharo 5?

Mariano Martinez Peck

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> If you are only interested in Unix / Linux / OSX,

What is the plan for Windows support?

I am not planning to add that. What I have found, is that tools that try to provide the same API for all platforms do not end up doing well or they limit the specific benefits of each custom platform. I

cheers -ben