OSProcess on Windows

Bob Cowdery-4
Does anyone use OSProcess on Windows? If so can you tell me how to make
it work please.

OSProcess thisOSProcess command: 'cmd.exe /C notepad'

Fails in two ways. It tries to output a message to stderr but fails to
do so. The message it tries to output just says:
"nextPutAll: 'cannot execute cmd.exe /C notepad'".

I also tried to open a console with:
OSProcess thisOSProcess openConsole

but that seems to do nothing and gives no errors.

Any help very welcome.

Regards
Bob

Re: OSProcess on Windows

Bob Cowdery-4
Hi Carlos

Well, I think frustration is starting to creep in now. Everything I
touch seems to croak in some way. I loaded ProcessWrapper as it seems to
be the more recommended way on Windows. Still didn't get a plugin with
it. Noted that 'ProcessWrapper downloadPlugin' is supposed to do that.
That didn't work as it falls over on 'Utilities informUserDuring: '.
Even when I took that out of the source it still fell over. Downloaded
the plugin source and tried to build it but its missing libraries and I
don't know which ones. Also it has a header file which can't be
generated so I made one up but probably got it wrong.

Oh, well, guess I will press on a bit longer.

Bob

Carlos Crosetti wrote:

> Hi, I am interesred also in what you are trying to use, but had loaded
> ProcessWrappper and executed Excell passing a spreadsheet file as
> argument and got the inside VBScript running fine, but the Excel
> terminates too early because I could fid the way to control how the
> parent process may wait for the child to terminate.
>
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Bob Cowdery <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Does anyone use OSProcess on Windows? If so can you tell me how to
>     make
>     it work please.
>
>     OSProcess thisOSProcess command: 'cmd.exe /C notepad'
>
>     Fails in two ways. It tries to output a message to stderr but fails to
>     do so. The message it tries to output just says:
>     "nextPutAll: 'cannot execute cmd.exe /C notepad'".
>
>     I also tried to open a console with:
>     OSProcess thisOSProcess openConsole
>
>     but that seems to do nothing and gives no errors.
>
>     Any help very welcome.
>
>     Regards
>     Bob

Re: OSProcess on Windows

Mariano Martinez Peck
I cc'ed David T. Lewis  that may help you.

Cheers

mariano