[OSProcess][waitForCommand:] Error during command execution

[OSProcess][waitForCommand:] Error during command execution

Romain Verduci-2

Hi,

I have a problem during the execution of waitForCommand with an unix command.

In the message UnixProcess >> waitForCommand:

There is a warning during command execution: process accessor module not available

If we proceed, there is the following error: receiver of "runState' is nil because the is no process accessor setted ..

Does someone know why this problem appear ?

Thanks :)

Romain

Re: [OSProcess][waitForCommand:] Error during command execution

David T. Lewis
On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 07:05:28PM +0200, Romain Verduci wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem during the execution of waitForCommand with an unix
> command.
>
> In the message UnixProcess >> waitForCommand:
>
> There is a warning during command execution: *process accessor module not
> available*

This means that you do not have the required OSProcessPlugin available in
your virtual machine. If you can say what type of computer you are using
(Mac, Windows, Linux...) then someone on the list will probably be able
to suggest right virtual machine to download in order to correct this problem.

> If we proceed, there is the following error: *receiver of "runState' is nil
> **because the is no process accessor** **setted ..***
>
> *Does someone know why this problem appear ?
> *

This is a bug in OSProcess that has been corrected in the latest version
on SqueakSource. I would encourage you to get the latest version, but don't
worry to much about it  because if you get a virtual machine with the
OSProcessPlugin, you will not see this problem anyway.

Le 15 juil. 2011 à 20:08, David T. Lewis a écrit :

> On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 07:05:28PM +0200, Romain Verduci wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a problem during the execution of waitForCommand with an unix
>> command.
>>
>> In the message UnixProcess >> waitForCommand:
>>
>> There is a warning during command execution: *process accessor module not
>> available*
>
> This means that you do not have the required OSProcessPlugin available in
> your virtual machine. If you can say what type of computer you are using
> (Mac, Windows, Linux...) then someone on the list will probably be able
> to suggest right virtual machine to download in order to correct this problem.

I am using Linux (ubuntu) and sometimes mac os X.

>> If we proceed, there is the following error: *receiver of "runState' is nil
>> **because the is no process accessor** **setted ..***
>>
>> *Does someone know why this problem appear ?
>> *
>
> This is a bug in OSProcess that has been corrected in the latest version
> on SqueakSource. I would encourage you to get the latest version, but don't
> worry to much about it  because if you get a virtual machine with the
> OSProcessPlugin, you will not see this problem anyway.

I will try this,

Thanks

>> Thanks :)
>>

>> Romain

Re: [OSProcess][waitForCommand:] Error during command execution

Romain Verduci-2
Le 15 juil. 2011 à 20:08, David T. Lewis a écrit :

> On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 07:05:28PM +0200, Romain Verduci wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a problem during the execution of waitForCommand with an unix
>> command.
>>
>> In the message UnixProcess >> waitForCommand:
>>
>> There is a warning during command execution: *process accessor module not
>> available*
>
> This means that you do not have the required OSProcessPlugin available in
> your virtual machine. If you can say what type of computer you are using
> (Mac, Windows, Linux...) then someone on the list will probably be able
> to suggest right virtual machine to download in order to correct this problem.

I used the cogVM and indeed I have tried with the StackVM and it works.

Thanks a lot ;)