[OT] Boeuf de Wei

Stéphane Rollandin
Hello,

Here is a piece of music entirely composed (I mean written, not
synthesized) in Squeak:

http://www.zogotounga.net/zik/Boeuf%20de%20Wei%20.ogg

Whether you enjoy it or not, it is kind of an achievement to me because
muO has now reached a point where I could compose such a long and
complex piece within a few hours, in a very straightforward and
intuitive way, mostly by playing with morphs.

Working with Squeak and Morphic has always been amazingly rewarding,
fostering creativity without hindrance. So, on this occasion, let me say
thanks to all Squeak developers, past, present and future, for this
brilliant system ! I owe you much.

Re: [OT] Boeuf de Wei

Herbert König
Hi Stef,

is it written and also synthesized in Squeak?

Not sure if I like it (wrong music for this moment) but it's impressive
that this could be done by playing with morphs.

I'd be very curious to watch a video about the composition process, or
maybe read a writeup.

Anyway, big thumbs up for this achievement and thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Herbert

Am 06.05.2015 um 21:57 schrieb Stéphane Rollandin:

> Hello,
>
> Here is a piece of music entirely composed (I mean written, not
> synthesized) in Squeak:
>
> http://www.zogotounga.net/zik/Boeuf%20de%20Wei%20.ogg
>
> Whether you enjoy it or not, it is kind of an achievement to me
> because muO has now reached a point where I could compose such a long
> and complex piece within a few hours, in a very straightforward and
> intuitive way, mostly by playing with morphs.
>
> Working with Squeak and Morphic has always been amazingly rewarding,
> fostering creativity without hindrance. So, on this occasion, let me
> say thanks to all Squeak developers, past, present and future, for
> this brilliant system ! I owe you much.
>

> Stef

Re: [OT] Boeuf de Wei

Karl Ramberg
Very nice.

I have browsed around your web site and listened to several of your music pieces. I am very impressed by what you have achieved with the software and the music you have made.

Karl

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 9:57 PM, Stéphane Rollandin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

Here is a piece of music entirely composed (I mean written, not synthesized) in Squeak:

http://www.zogotounga.net/zik/Boeuf%20de%20Wei%20.ogg

Whether you enjoy it or not, it is kind of an achievement to me because muO has now reached a point where I could compose such a long and complex piece within a few hours, in a very straightforward and intuitive way, mostly by playing with morphs.

Working with Squeak and Morphic has always been amazingly rewarding, fostering creativity without hindrance. So, on this occasion, let me say thanks to all Squeak developers, past, present and future, for this brilliant system ! I owe you much.

Re: [OT] Boeuf de Wei

Stéphane Rollandin
> is it written and also synthesized in Squeak?

Written only. It's synthesized by a set of VST instruments hosted in
Cantabile.

> Not sure if I like it (wrong music for this moment) but it's impressive
> that this could be done by playing with morphs.
>
> I'd be very curious to watch a video about the composition process, or
> maybe read a writeup.

Yes, I need to document muO editors. So far all written doc is a bunch
of PDF documents you can get from
http://www.zogotounga.net/comp/squeak/sqgeo.htm

Best,

Re: [OT] Boeuf de Wei

David T. Lewis
On Wed, May 06, 2015 at 09:57:25PM +0200, St??phane Rollandin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Here is a piece of music entirely composed (I mean written, not
> synthesized) in Squeak:
>
> http://www.zogotounga.net/zik/Boeuf%20de%20Wei%20.ogg
>
> Whether you enjoy it or not, it is kind of an achievement to me because
> muO has now reached a point where I could compose such a long and
> complex piece within a few hours, in a very straightforward and
> intuitive way, mostly by playing with morphs.
>
> Working with Squeak and Morphic has always been amazingly rewarding,
> fostering creativity without hindrance. So, on this occasion, let me say
> thanks to all Squeak developers, past, present and future, for this
> brilliant system ! I owe you much.

Stef,

Thank you for sharing this. There is a lot going on in your composition
and I enjoyed listening to it.

Dave