[OT] TeXShop and accents

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi. Sorry for the off-topic but you may know the answer...I tried to google a bit but I didn't find an anything.

Is there a way to tell TeXShop that when I type " á " it automatically convert it to " \'a "   ?  I know some other latex editors do that...but I didn't find a way to do it in TeXShop.

For the moment the only idea is a bash script that using sed or tr do it...

Thanks

Mariano

Re: [OT] TeXShop and accents

Michael Haupt-3
Mariano,

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 6:52 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there a way to tell TeXShop that when I type " á " it automatically
> convert it to " \'a "   ?  I know some other latex editors do that...but I
> didn't find a way to do it in TeXShop.

maybe you don't have to do that. You can probably use a combination of
language package and the \inputenc macro to set the character
encoding. This allows me to conveniently type German texts with all
the umlauts: ÄÖÜäöüß. :-)

Best,

Michael

Re: [OT] TeXShop and accents

Alexandre Bergel-5
hi Mariano,

Let us know if you have a solution,

Alexandre

On 7 Mar 2010, at 14:52, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi. Sorry for the off-topic but you may know the answer...I tried to
> google a bit but I didn't find an anything.
>
> Is there a way to tell TeXShop that when I type " á " it
> automatically convert it to " \'a "   ?  I know some other latex
> editors do that...but I didn't find a way to do it in TeXShop.
>
> For the moment the only idea is a bash script that using sed or tr
> do it...
>
> Thanks
>
> Mariano

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [OT] TeXShop and accents

Cesar Ballardini
2010/3/7 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
> Hi. Sorry for the off-topic but you may know the answer...I tried to google
> a bit but I didn't find an anything.
>
> Is there a way to tell TeXShop that when I type " á " it automatically
> convert it to " \'a "   ?  I know some other latex editors do that...but I
> didn't find a way to do it in TeXShop.
>
> For the moment the only idea is a bash script that using sed or tr do it...

You can use GNU recode http://www.gnu.org/software/recode/

Cheers.

--
It's not enough to teach students to surf the Net, we must teach them to
make waves. My pedagogical theory is relate, create, donate, which
suggests that students work in teams, create ambitious projects and then
donate these to people who can use and build upon them. --Ben Shneiderman

Re: TeXShop and accents

SergeStinckwich
Mariano,
you could try something like that:

\documentclass[a4paper, french]{article}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{babel}