[OT] Windows shells

1 message Options

[OT] Windows shells

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Hello all,

IIRC, Jan Galkowski once characterized me as a builder of embedded
systems - that was both inaccurate, and _very_ insightful :)

Taking that idea to extremes for a moment, it occurs to me that a
problem I am having would be largely solved if I could:

(1) use the win2k shell for admin users
(2) make my own shell for other users

It would be really slick to offer (password protected) advanced features
from the limited shell, but I would gladly start with making the machine
look like a single-function black box.

Have any of you done anything like this?  How would you rate it on a
scale from "I'd rather have dental work than do that again" to "worked
great, no worries"?

Have a good one,

Bill

--