Obex status?

GLASS mailing list
Hi -

If Obex should work in a 3.4.1 repo I'd like to give it a try.   I have a stone that I've managed to double in size this week and have no real idea why.  I saw the repo here:

https://github.com/dalehenrich/obex

When its convenient please let me know what needs to happen to test it out.

Thanks

Paul

Re: Obex status?

GLASS mailing list
Paul,

Sorry for the long delay ... TL;DR, Obex is not ready to be used ...

Long answer:

The master branch is in the middle of a major rewrite that was aimed at
two things ...

First the GsBitmap API in 3.4 had changed since I initially started work
on Obex and I was making a  pass through the code cleaning up the usage
of GsBitmap.

Second, I realized that an object/pipe-based model for Obex commands
would work really well, since as I was playing with Obex a lot, I
realized that you typically ran through similar sequences of
transformations while tweaking filters and what you wanted to see and of
course the object pipe in tODE fits well in that model ... but that
meant that I needed to revamp each of the obex commands and strip out
the custom transformations and put them into their own command

I think I made my last commit into Obex sometime at the beginning of
last year, before I was completely consumed by the indexing work for 3.4.0.

When I saw your mail (2 months ago now:), I thought that I would be able
to find a commit that you could use ... since Obex was basically
functional before I started working on the object pipe model ... I spent
some time setting up a stone and installing Obex and paging the work
that I had done back into my mind ... I actually got to the point where
I had found a commit that I thought that would work, but when I began
running the examples, in a current 3.4.1 release, ran into issues and
thought that I might be able to get a basic example to run ... and then
I ran out of time to the extent that I stopped imagining that I could
respond to issues that took more than a few minutes to address ...

Dale

On 03/18/2018 06:25 PM, PAUL DEBRUICKER via Glass wrote:

> Hi -
>

> If Obex should work in a 3.4.1 repo I'd like to give it a try.   I have a stone that I've managed to double in size this week and have no real idea why.  I saw the repo here:
>

> https://github.com/dalehenrich/obex
>

> When its convenient please let me know what needs to happen to test it out.
>

> Thanks
>

> Paul

Re: Obex status?

GLASS mailing list
Hi Dale,

No problem on the delay.  Obex isn't crucial to anything I'm doing.  Would
be a 'nice to have' if it ever gets back to working status.  IIRC the
problem with that stone I'd mentioned was that I'd left a linked topaz
session logged in an it wasn't running the MFC properly/at all.

So no rush on my end if it ever even happens at all.

Thanks

Paul

GLASS mailing list wrote

Sent from: http://forum.world.st/GLASS-f1460844.html